The State of English Referees

Van der MoodHoover

So it's been announced that there will be no English referees at wc 2018. For the first time since 1938.

The only ref on the long list was mark clattenberg who became ineligible when he hopped it to the middle east. 

The whole tournament is in the hands of ghastly foreigners. I blame Brexit for this cstasttophe. 

:lol:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
56 minutes ago, David said:

The FA have created a new list of nominations for FIFA, on the list is Stuart Attwell and Robert Madley.

Its the 1st on Sunday.

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, David said:

The FA have created a new list of nominations for FIFA, on the list is Stuart Attwell and Robert Madley.

I think that is the first time I have ever used the angry face emoji on this forum. Blimey if those guys are the best we've got what does the worst look like?

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It's OK, the impartial VAR bunker in Leningrad will ensure the beautiful game is played without any unfortunate decisions impacting Russia's march to the semi-final.

They will probably hack the video  and sabotage the result.

Watch our game for why last night. It’s the little things like not being awake enough to see when thrown ins and corners have gone the other way as well as not knowing how to apply the advantage rule. It’s simply not good enough and the FA needs to do something about it. The quality is embarrassing for a country of our footballing stature, and this proves it.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Watch our game for why last night. It’s the little things like not being awake enough to see when thrown ins and corners have gone the other way as well as not knowing how to apply the advantage rule. It’s simply not good enough and the FA needs to do something about it. The quality is embarrassing for a country of our footballing stature, and this proves it.

Ah yes, cos last night the ref was definitely to blame.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I don't recall the ref doing much wrong last night. 

He was shocking... made three mistakes in the first four minutes. Didnt let the game flow. It was a poor game even without a poor ref, and Derby were beyond poor. But the ref had a shocker too.   

On 31/03/2018 at 11:50, Millenniumram said:

What do you suggest, the clubs shell out millions to get in the world best refs to go with the worlds best players, managers, owners?!!

Perhaps we can ship in some foreign fans aswell?

Do me a favour.

Before we complain about refs I'd put in some legislation to stop foreign ownership and limit the number of the rest. We dont even know how good our players, coaches and managers are anymore, because foreigners bizarrely = more exotic option to so many people.

5 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

What do you suggest, the clubs shell out millions to get in the world best refs to go with the worlds best players, managers, owners?!!

Perhaps we can ship in some foreign fans aswell?

Do me a favour.

Before we complain about refs I'd put in some legislation to stop foreign ownership and limit the number of the rest. We dont even know how good our players, coaches and managers are anymore, because foreigners bizarrely = more exotic option to so many people.

What on Earth do clubs and foreign coaches have to do with it?! Im saying that the FA needs to put better training in for our own referees, because as the fact none of them are going to the World Cup proves, our officials simply aren’t of a good enough standard. It’s nothing to do with foreigners at all, though they have proved to be better in the main than our home grown coaches and managers.

Archived