The reality is

robglosta

He's smirking and can barely contain himself in his haste to get those phrases out. Good on him.

The negativity towards him is due to the results...nothing more. 

If we were top 2 the complaints about the style of play, the squad, formations, substitutions, press conferences, catchphrases, pronunciation ...which side he parts his hair...would stop.

At the start of the season I would have taken where we are. The current form is a concern. But win Sunday it will look ok again. I'd give him til Xmas regardless, give him the summer to create his own team and a good proportion of next season to see how it settles.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

He's smirking and can barely contain himself in his haste to get those phrases out. Good on him.

The reality is that results are all.

“I fink that in a parallel universe, the fact of the matter is that, in reality, we could now be bottling it in the Premiership, in a four horse race for a top four position with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and BURNLEY !!!!”

Ah yes, that’s a five horse race !! 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

If we were top 2 the complaints about the style of play, the squad, formations, substitutions, press conferences, catchphrases, pronunciation ...which side he parts his hair...would stop.

At the start of the season I would have taken where we are. The current form is a concern. But win Sunday it will look ok again. I'd give him til Xmas regardless, give him the summer to create his own team and a good proportion of next season to see how it settles.

The negativity towards his style of play,squad etc have been consistent through the season  whether top two or lower down.

Yes Kash (“the reality is”) we shall not know whether or not those with a similar opinion to mine will be proved right (Rowett is not up to it and has made some very poor decisions), or the ‘Rowett is on the right track’ supporters will be celebrating a promotion .. until the end of the season ! 

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The reality is we're on the cusp of blowing a playoff spot after being in such a decent position, and this time we don't have the excuse of putting it down to half our team getting injured at the same time.

We are struggling badly with injuries and suspensions now we are on the cusp of play off spot , no Thorne no Ledley no hudds for massive game , vyds been injured last few as well , Winnall season ending injury the minute the window closes 

1 hour ago, archied said:

We are struggling badly with injuries and suspensions now we are on the cusp of play off spot , no Thorne no Ledley no hudds for massive game , vyds been injured last few as well , Winnall season ending injury the minute the window closes 

That's a lot of excuses archied,but our poor run of form began before most of those happened....the loss of winnall coincided with his loaning out of our other strikers,so his choices.

43 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That's a lot of excuses archied,but our poor run of form began before most of those happened....the loss of winnall coincided with his loaning out of our other strikers,so his choices.

On the assumption that you are on about Chris Martin again, he has scored 1 goal and has 1 assist in 8 games (plus 20 sub appearances) for Reading, doesn't read like form that would be making much of a difference to us right now. 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

On the assumption that you are on about Chris Martin again, he has scored 1 goal and has 1 assist in 8 games (plus 20 sub appearances) for Reading, doesn't read like form that would be making much of a difference to us right now. 

As opposed to Jerome and Nuge being on fire presently?

The reality is Gary's been here before whilst at Birmingham.

After getting into strong position around the play-offs, Gary signed Diego Fabbrini, James Vaughan, Kyle Lafferty and Will Buckley in the January window but the team slumped and finished mid-table.

Fans said that the team played in a passive way which seemed to contradict one of his first interviews as Birmingham boss that he (Gary) was never afraid of losing a game- but was criticised for his side not being brave enough to win.

57 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

To be fair they are excuses/circumstances I am just as happy to grant as having hampered Mac ? I’m more concerned about the run in from here than before this point as injuries before now have been standard fare , we have had a run of 7 / 8 games where we have not won enough games for me that has been a mix of luck evening itself out over a season and some mistakes from rowett and some players also ,,,, coincided is a bit of jiggery pokery by you there kash ,Martin was loaned out BEFORE Winnall sustained a season ending injury so a bit unfair to make it appear otherwise , 

4 minutes ago, archied said:

...Martin was loaned out BEFORE Winnall sustained a season ending injury so a bit unfair to make it appear otherwise , 

Because no player ever gets injured after the window has shut, Rowett took that chance and said so. Oh and there's still Jerome and Nuge and Vyds...who atm are scoring as freely as Martin!

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because no player ever gets injured after the window has shut, Rowett took that chance and said so. Oh and there's still Jerome and Nuge and Vyds...who atm are scoring as freely as Martin!

Let’s hope none of those other 3 gets a season ending injury or it will show we should have kept bent too ,or even two of them then we should have kept Sammon as well or god forbid 3 then what idiot let hector retire ,,,,,,,rolls eyes and yawns

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As opposed to Jerome and Nuge being on fire presently?

Didn't say they were (although I'm pretty sure both have equalled the 1 goal in last 8 games) but pretending our problems are because we sent Martin out on loan is miles away from the truth in my view and just shows a blinkered view.

Archived