Who would you play for?

Leicester Ram

Been talking with my mates about this and it’s interesting to see the different answers.

The hypothetical is you’re playing for a Everton/West Ham/Southampton type team, you go to the World Cup this summer and have a great time of it, announce yourself on the world stage and are one of the players of the tournament.

But your release clause is only 20 million, so every team worth signing for is in for you and willing to pay it. You can choose anyone from Barca to United to Bayern to Juve to City, any team you want.

(Derby isn’t an option, they haven’t got 20 million to spare)

Who do you go to?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like the Tottenham manager but Daniel Levy is a bit tight with the dough, not keen on Abramovitch, can’t stand Mourinho, read this week about an attempted break in at a Liverpool player’s house so it looks like I’d be joining Pep as playing abroad doesn’t appeal.

Right now, Liverpool under Klopp without a doubt.

Premier League is the best league in the world, see no reason to leave the country. 

The city is great, spent New Year there, couldn't understand a word the Premier Inn receptionist said and I loved it, super friendly place.

I’d play for Bayern.

Guaranteed decent dosh, Munich is a great city, trophies guaranteed, but the biggest factor is time.

Bundesliga only has 34 games, plus one cup competition which is one leg.

Whereas someone City will play some 60 games this season, Bayern will probably play around 48 tops.

Plenty of time in the winter to go skiing in the alps, plus the winter break, while they get long summers too. 

Must have been a dream for someone like Lahm. Club legend, easy lifestyle, no pressure.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:49, David said:

Right now, Liverpool under Klopp without a doubt.

Premier League is the best league in the world, see no reason to leave the country. 

The city is great, spent New Year there, couldn't understand a word the Premier Inn receptionist said and I loved it, super friendly place.

You are trying to get me to bite aren’t you!!!!

Right now, I’d go to Spurs.

New stadium, brilliant young manager, lots of young players who are improving season on season and if you won a league title with them, you’d become a legitimate club legend. Can’t say that with United or Liverpool.

Pick the club on the up who seem to have stability at manager.

Always fancied AC Milan though, historic club and nice kit.

Gotta be Barça, go big or go home. No point hiding out in China or some ****, get out there and win every title, play with the best players in a historic club and build yourself a legacy.

In reality however I’m incapable of using a football, I’m just tall and can run fast. With that in mind, I guess I’m off to OH Leuven....

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Gotta be Barça, go big or go home. No point hiding out in China or some ****, get out there and win every title, play with the best players in a historic club and build yourself a legacy.

In reality however I’m incapable of using a football, I’m just tall and can run fast. With that in mind, I guess I’m off to OH Leuven....

They've got a big stadium I'll give you that. 

You'll be lucky to play in front of 25k+ on the road though, be alright if you was in the English second tier but as a star man, got to have bigger ambitions than that surely?

Archived