Full Backs

kingsy1884

Seems to be a troublesome position.

I have been wholly unconvinced by Olsson recently and Baird whilst he has been steady done very little. He was mauled today by the one dimensional Barrow.

Wisdom has done nothing wrong this season imo so i will be glad for him to return.

Forsyth has struggled for fitness and form but i personally think he is better than Olssen. I feel he could have prevented Dallas cross vs leeds and stopped bodvarsson today.

GR needs to sort it out.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Wisdom straight back in, should never have been dropped. Other side is more problematic- choosing beteeen Olsson and Forsyth is like choosing between whether you want to catch chlamydia or gonorrhoea, you don’t want either of them...

I refer you to our defensive record with Forsyth in the team.

If that’s gonorrhoea I’ll take it.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wisdom straight back in, should never have been dropped. Other side is more problematic- choosing beteeen Olsson and Forsyth is like choosing between whether you want to catch chlamydia or gonorrhoea, you don’t want either of them...

Olsson is a good footballer but can’t defend. Forsyth is an all right defender who can’t play football. Both are midtable left backs at best in my opinion.

Just now, nottingram said:

I refer you to our defensive record with Forsyth in the team.

If that’s gonorrhoea I’ll take it.

We once had a good defensive run with Cyrus Christie in the team, doesn’t make him any less ****, it’s about the team. Forsyth gets my vote next week but it’s by default cause olsson was so poor today. Why oh why did we loan out max lowe...

Wisdom was dropped because he’d been underperforming, just like Thorne and Lawrence who have spent matches on the bench recently because of the same thing. Lawrence has improved after that so hopefully Wisdom will too. 

He’ll get his chance now and he needs to show why we’ve spent all that money on him because he’s looking like another waste of Mel’s millions thus far. 

Half the player we had in 13/14. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We once had a good defensive run with Cyrus Christie in the team, doesn’t make him any less ****, it’s about the team. Forsyth gets my vote next week but it’s by default cause olsson was so poor today. Why oh why did we loan out max lowe...

Three games since Forsyth was dropped, seven goals conceded. Coincidence or not, and frustrating as Forsyth maybe, he is better than Olsson.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Three games since Forsyth was dropped, seven goals conceded. Coincidence or not, and frustrating as Forsyth maybe, he is better than Olsson.

Defensively yes. But the question is can we deal with his inability to pass against a team like Fulham? He’ll be under all sorts of pressure, can see another game of hoofing it from him.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Defensively yes. But the question is can we deal with his inability to pass against a team like Fulham? He’ll be under all sorts of pressure, can see another game of hoofing it from him.

Against a player like Ayite I’d take someone who can defend anyday

19 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Wont  put no blame on Baird today, not many full backs would deal with barrows pace. However left back is troublesome and we have got Fredericks and sessegnon to come on Saturday. 

Anya is hardly a sloth so are you saying speed equals skill 

I’m sorry but anyone who watched us v shef wed and argues Forsyth shouldn’t be dropped is delusional. However when Olsen is in the form he was today and v Leeds, he can’t be selected either. Wisdom will play next week and I’m happy about that. Perhaps Anya on the other? Fulham have pace, Forsyth doesn’t, Olsen does but can’t tackle. Anya has the pace not sure about the discipline to play full back. I’m sure when our next set of accounts come out, the reason we didn’t strengthen here in Jan must be FFP. The Chickens are coming home to roost after 3 years of reckless spending and managerial merry go rounds. It’s such a pity it may derail our season, which promised so much a mere 6 weeks ago 

Just now, Doodle said:

I’m sure when our next set of accounts come out, the reason we didn’t strengthen here in Jan must be FFP. The Chickens are coming home to roost after 3 years of reckless spending and managerial merry go rounds. It’s such a pity it may derail our season, which promised so much a mere 6 weeks ago 

Am sure we could just misinterpret the rules like Leicester and get a 3 million pound fine or is Mel Morris not that clever 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Fulham are very scary going forward so I'd feel a bit more comfortable with him in over Olssen. 

On a side note it's sad how poor Fozzy has become offensively. I remember a couple of season ago where he looked about the best LB in the league in both attack and defence, with only George Friend looking marginally better. I wonder where that attacking prowess went. 

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Am sure we could just misinterpret the rules like Leicester and get a 3 million pound fine or is Mel Morris not that clever 

It only works if we go up like Leicester did. Mel is either being sensible or lacking ambition, depending on your point of view. He has made big mistakes and wasted lots of HIS money. But he’s learned and I suspect he’s being sensible, avoiding embargoes and keeping his powder dry for another tilt at promotion next season when  the new 3 year cycle starts again 

6 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Fulham are very scary going forward so I'd feel a bit more comfortable with him in over Olssen. 

On a side note it's sad how poor Fozzy has become offensively. I remember a couple of season ago where he looked about the best LB in the league in both attack and defence, with only George Friend looking marginally better. I wonder where that attacking prowess went. 

To be honest I think Forsyth was made to look better than he was by the players around him at that time. He never looked like a natural footballer to me, but with the confidence about the place I think it sort of gave him the adrenaline to get him through. He’s reverted to form now, a decent physical defender but with no ability on the ball.

Archived