Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Only recent league game they have won was against Burton. Other than that, they have been terrible recently. We should really be beating teams like them if we want to go up.

Agreed but stating that we're one of the worst teams in the div is hysterical whinging, pure and simple. We're sat in 4th place after all. 16 lucky wins I guess...

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Agreed but stating that we're one of the worst teams in the div is hysterical whinging, pure and simple. We're sat in 4th place after all. 16 lucky wins I guess...

Don’t bite, Reading are not a proper football team, how would they now what is good or bad lol 

6 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Don’t bite, Reading are not a proper football team, how would they now what is good or bad lol 

Oh I ignored the twatter post - is was our resident tactical genius' comment stating that the poster was 'not far wrong' I took exception too. Utter poppycock from a serial whinger. Which reminds me - how's the ignore function thingy work?

41 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Oh I ignored the twatter post - is was our resident tactical genius' comment stating that the poster was 'not far wrong' I took exception too. Utter poppycock from a serial whinger. Which reminds me - how's the ignore function thingy work?

Honestly mate what is your problem with me?! I’d hardly call myself a serial whinger, if you read my post match comments I praised Palmer as an excellent technical footballer, I stated how much better Lawrence was and if you look in the leeds thread you’ll see how I felt we were the better team that night. I even made a rare thread the other week praising how immense a players Huddlestone is. Just because there wasn’t much to praise in yesterday’s match doesn’t make me a “Serial whinger”. It’s not my fault you ignore the rest of my posts and seemingly search for my name in the hope I’ve made some sort of a negative comment for you to comment on and make you feel like the bigger man.

Its not even like you understood what my comment even meant, never have I said we’ve been poor all season as you insuated above, all I’m saying is there probably haven’t been many teams gone to reading and made it easier. Doesn’t mean every game has been like that because it hasn’t, but yesterday we were poor aside from a 20 minute spell at the start of the second half. Am I not allowed to come on a forum and criticise the fact we were outplayed by a team in 18th or wherever they are?

I’ve never had any problem with any poster on here, and I would never personally attack someone regardless of what I think of their opinions- some of the mcclarenites I don’t necceserily agree with but I’m always up for debate with them. Don’t mind someone coming on and trying to argue what I’m saying is wrong, that’s the point of a forum, but I take exception to a personal vendetta as you seem to have.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Honestly mate what is your problem with me?! I’d hardly call myself a serial whinger, if you read my post match comments I praised Palmer as an excellent technical footballer, I stated how much better Lawrence was and if you look in the leeds thread you’ll see how I felt we were the better team that night. I even made a rare thread the other week praising how immense a players Huddlestone is. Just because there wasn’t much to praise in yesterday’s match doesn’t make me a “Serial whinger”. It’s not my fault you ignore the rest of my posts and seemingly search for my name in the hope I’ve made some sort of a negative comment for you to comment on and make you feel like the bigger man.

Its not even like you understood what my comment even meant, never have I said we’ve been poor all season as you insuated above, all I’m saying is there probably haven’t been many teams gone to reading and made it easier. Doesn’t mean every game has been like that because it hasn’t, but yesterday we were poor aside from a 20 minute spell at the start of the second half. Am I not allowed to come on a forum and criticise the fact we were outplayed by a team in 18th or wherever they are?

I’ve never had any problem with any poster on here, and I would never personally attack someone regardless of what I think of their opinions- some of the mcclarenites I don’t necceserily agree with but I’m always up for debate with them. Don’t mind someone coming on and trying to argue what I’m saying is wrong, that’s the point of a forum, but I take exception to a personal vendetta as you seem to have.

Finding you irritating is not a vendetta and if you seriously believe I have to (or would) go hunting to find an example of your negativity then I'd politely suggest you get over yourself. My issue with the majority of your posts is that they are always black and white and my latest comments are in direct response to your inference that we are one of the worst teams in the division which as I've already stated, is utter tripe. I'll pop you on ignore in any case. Feel free to do likewise.

20 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I can’t find the View from the outside thread.

Is this fair?

4UbWpEh.png

20 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s not wrong

...so before getting your handbag out again, this is the post I'm referring to. Your stance is that the Reading cretin's post is 'not wrong'. My stance is that you're both talking absolute *****.  

It's not really that hard to understand, is it?

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Finding you irritating is not a vendetta and if you seriously believe I have to (or would) go hunting to find an example of your negativity then I'd politely suggest you get over yourself. My issue with the majority of your posts is that they are always black and white and my latest comments are in direct response to your inference that we are one of the worst teams in the division which as I've already stated, is utter tripe. I'll pop you on ignore in any case. Feel free to do likewise.

Well I would have to disagree with you in that case, I always come on here aiming to provide a balanced arguement, it’s posts that blindly praise/ criticise that annoy me the most. Again I’ve no idea where you think I’ve inferred that we are one of the worst teams in the division, my comment was purely saying on the day yesterday we played like one of the worst teams reading will have faced which is true, hence the reading fan is justified in saying we’re one of the worst teams he’s seen since that’s all he’ll have seen of us. Evidently we haven’t been like that or season or we wouldn’t be where we are, we’ve been the 4th best team in the league, table doesn’t lie, games like Boro away confirm that.

Place me on ignore if you want but I won’t be doing likewise, anyone is welcome to comment whatever they want on here (within reason of course) and I’m willing to listen.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Well I would have to disagree with you in that case, I always come on here aiming to provide a balanced arguement, it’s posts that blindly praise/ criticise that annoy me the most. Again I’ve no idea where you think I’ve inferred that we are one of the worst teams in the division, my comment was purely saying on the day yesterday we played like one of the worst teams reading will have faced which is true, hence the reading fan is justified in saying we’re one of the worst teams he’s seen since that’s all he’ll have seen of us. Evidently we haven’t been like that or season or we wouldn’t be where we are, we’ve been the 4th best team in the league, table doesn’t lie, games like Boro away confirm that.

Place me on ignore if you want but I won’t be doing likewise, anyone is welcome to comment whatever they want on here (within reason of course) and I’m willing to listen.

See my subsequent post for what you ACTUALLY SAID as opposed to what you're trying to infer now that you said. Herein lies the problem. Just stick me on ignore pal as you're not going to quit the mealy-mouthed rubbish and I'm not going to stop being irritated by it.

This promation race not over till it is over and we must keep behind the lads going through rough patch right now.

Like channel 5 said we still firmly in the mix if cant win dont lose.

Like gary rowett said if we cant get 3 point try get a point. Which is true if I was gary rowett I be telling the lads if current tatics are not working lets work on few different things and during the week work on a new formation.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Like gary rowett said if we cant get 3 point try get a point. Which is true if I was gary rowett I be telling the lads if current tatics are not working lets work on few different things and during the week work on a new formation.

Yes but we had 3 points yesterday and we threw them away 

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

...so before getting your handbag out again, this is the post I'm referring to. Your stance is that the Reading cretin's post is 'not wrong'. My stance is that you're both talking absolute *****.  

It's not really that hard to understand, is it?

My comment was purely in reference to the first part of the twitter post, the part that was about that game, since that’s what I assumed @coneheadjohn wanted to know about, I’m sure he and all of us know the last part is ******** over the course of the season. Should have made that clearer and for that I apologise if it made me look like I believed we were a “terrible terrible team”, but frankly I was pissed off on a bus and couldn’t be arsed to write any more

But like gary said they were not pressing enough in first which we did not but I feel we need get firm grip of games first 20 mins.

I think maybe part of the probleam we lost voice in the team and stoped talking. And then failed work as a team. So my saluation would be commaction training session we who has the ball let you team mate know what going try to do by code words maybe throw teams off even confuse them.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But like gary said they were not pressing enough in first which we did not but I feel we need get firm grip of games first 20 mins.

I think maybe part of the probleam we lost voice in the team and stoped talking. And then failed work as a team. So my saluation would be commaction training session we who has the ball let you team mate know what going try to do by code words maybe throw teams off even confuse them.

You're my hero B4! I like the code idea too. Who knows how opposition players would react when they hear Tommy Huddlestone shouting 'ginormous melons' and the like before pinging a 30 yarder to Tommy2. I think they'd definitely be confused :lol:

18 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Get rid of them all and burn any evidence that we were ever a entertaining, creative attacking force. Brute workmanship and watching the team defend for 90% of games is what we all really want to see.

That is so over stated its verging on ridiculous. some perspective please ! Our goals scored tally under Rowett isn't bad at all. Some of our counter attacking has been thrilling, along with some sublime long passing from Tom ( and pinging a long well timed pass isnt hoof ball, it's called skill  ) oh yes and how many of that Maclaren team were Cloughs choices ? I didn't particularly rate Nigel as a manager but he could spot a  good player. 

no denying Mac 1 in full flow was exciting and enjoyable to watch, but it didn't always work and was fragile at times. Long balls to Martin who fell over, sideways passing, Keogh in a panic .... No Eustace or Thorne at DM and it all went west. 

Yesterday WAS a bad day in terms of errors and possession but we have had a fair few good days under Rowett and we will have some more I hope. 

Play offs seem most likely now, but I haven't given up on top 2. We have dropped 4 points in the last 2 games but in both those games we have had some seriously good spells of play, that on other more fortunate days would have seen us take all 6. 

11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You're my hero B4! I like the code idea too. Who knows how opposition players would react when they hear Tommy Huddlestone shouting 'ginormous melons' and the like before pinging a 30 yarder to Tommy2. I think they'd definitely be confused :lol:

I've just googled ginormous melons and you won't believe what came up, in more ways than one.:blink:

7 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Some strange things yesterday were when Weimann tackled Palmer. Then Huddlestone stuck him hand out and stopped the ball going to Keogh. 

Not strange at all. Weimann was simply trying to lend his fellow pros at Reading a hand as they couldn't get near Palmer all afternoon.

As for Hudz, he understands that Keogh's always got a mistake in him and his actions were merely preemptive / preventive.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

That is so over stated its verging on ridiculous. some perspective please ! Our goals scored tally under Rowett isn't bad at all. Some of our counter attacking has been thrilling, along with some sublime long passing from Tom ( and pinging a long well timed pass isnt hoof ball, it's called skill  ) oh yes and how many of that Maclaren team were Cloughs choices ? I didn't particularly rate Nigel as a manager but he could spot a  good player. 

no denying Mac 1 in full flow was exciting and enjoyable to watch, but it didn't always work and was fragile at times. Long balls to Martin who fell over, sideways passing, Keogh in a panic .... No Eustace or Thorne at DM and it all went west. 

Yesterday WAS a bad day in terms of errors and possession but we have had a fair few good days under Rowett and we will have some more I hope. 

Play offs seem most likely now, but I haven't given up on top 2. We have dropped 4 points in the last 2 games but in both those games we have had some seriously good spells of play, that on other more fortunate days would have seen us take all 6. 

Well said. I was a big McClaren fan and loved his first tenure . Even last year when he came back he gave the players a lift but wasn't able to sustain it with the team he had. I was sorry to see him go but prepared to give Rowett a chance.

Our early season performances did little to inspire me but I feel that the football has gradually got better over the season.

You mentioned Tom Huddlestone but I have also enjoyed Davies' and Keogh's defensive assurance, Vydra's all round play (which is now about so much more than 'just' scoring goals) and even Carson's saves.

Lawrence and Palmer look to be on each other's wavelength already so I am still more optimistic than not for the remainder of the matches to come. Even when we are not playing well we are always competitive and hard to beat and that will serve us well in the closing stages. 

Is it perfect? No, of course not. But I am still of the opinion that there's a lot to appreciate and look forward to this season.

Archived