Weimann in the number 9 role ?

RiddingsRam

If we played with two strikers, IMO Weimann should be another.

But Nugent fits better to our style at the moment. And we really haven't seen what Jerome can offer yet.

After saying that, he could do the job in the games when we drop very deep. He has some similarities to Vardy.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Because he's better than any of our natural players in that position even if it's not his natural position.

He ain’t a better LB than Olsson

9 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Stick with me here..... What's people's thoughts in trying Andi Weimann in the number 9 role ? His work rate is fantastic and he was our most threating player all night and let's be fair to the guy , he's not a winger, I know he's not the most technically gifted player we have in our squad but with Nugent's lack off form and Jerome ... well .... We will leave that untill another day. Personally Weimann in front of Palmer Lawrence and Vydra could work for me. 

NO NO NO    ...... he happens to have scored a couple of goals lately but his strike rate is awful. His main asset is speed

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Why do we want to play players out of position?!? Why put a right footed player at LB?

Square pegs round holes all over again. 

I totally get that and its not ideal in some cases.

However Baird is a seasoned pro and he can play there for sure. I'm 99% certain he's turned out at LB for us before?

It's when you start shoving Keogh to RB for example when its a bit extreme. 

I actually think we are starting to need Baird on the field for his set pieces too. 

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Ignore the truth if you want but we are a weaker squad now than we were in December and less effective on the pitch.FACT

You know something must be right when the word FACT comes at the end of a social media post. 

2 minutes ago, whitefieldram said:

I totally get that and its not ideal in some cases.

However Baird is a seasoned pro and he can play there for sure. I'm 99% certain he's turned out at LB for us before?

It's when you start shoving Keogh to RB for example when its a bit extreme. 

I actually think we are starting to need Baird on the field for his set pieces too. 

Honestly thought all our set pieces were dangerous yesterday. Looked close on several occasions getting something out of them. Olsson is seasoned too, think he’s getting a tad undeserved flack for me. Think middle of the park is my main concern. 

10 hours ago, cannable said:

He is a number nine

He plays like a number nine even when he’s out wide 

He’s awful as a winger but looks like he’s playing well because he’s playing like he’s a number nine and is quite good at being a number nine 

Number 10 it is then 

Weimann is an interesting one to be sure. He started his career as a striker but imo he doesn’t have the strength or control to be anything other than ineffective in the striker role. Looking at him play, you’d probably say his natural position is in the Vydra role, but he obviously doesn’t have the composure of Vydra to take his place. That leaves him as our best winger (:ermm:) so he sbets left where he is. He’s pretty effective on the right, decision making is much better than the likes of Lawrence and knows where he needs to be to be found by Huddlestone. Leave him where he is, while his technical skill is lacking at times at least he’s trying to do the right things out there, moving him will leave us with two incompetent wingers rather than just the one waste of 5 million quid.

Villa fans told us Weimann is far better centrally than wide. We have to try something, either him or Palmer. Neither ideal  but better than Nugent in his current form. Jerome hasn’t been given a fair crack yet, so expect Gary to pick him Saturday 

10 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Honestly thought all our set pieces were dangerous yesterday. Looked close on several occasions getting something out of them. Olsson is seasoned too, think he’s getting a tad undeserved flack for me. Think middle of the park is my main concern. 

That set piece on 79 mins was extremely dangerous. Long run up, whack, and 10 seconds later, GOAL !!! 

On 2/21/2018 at 18:13, RiddingsRam said:

Stick with me here..... What's people's thoughts in trying Andi Weimann in the number 9 role ? His work rate is fantastic and he was our most threating player all night and let's be fair to the guy , he's not a winger, I know he's not the most technically gifted player we have in our squad but with Nugent's lack off form and Jerome ... well .... We will leave that untill another day. Personally Weimann in front of Palmer Lawrence and Vydra could work for me. 

Oh god....the worst finisher in a number 9 role....

Archived