Weimann in the number 9 role ?

RiddingsRam

Stick with me here..... What's people's thoughts in trying Andi Weimann in the number 9 role ? His work rate is fantastic and he was our most threating player all night and let's be fair to the guy , he's not a winger, I know he's not the most technically gifted player we have in our squad but with Nugent's lack off form and Jerome ... well .... We will leave that untill another day. Personally Weimann in front of Palmer Lawrence and Vydra could work for me. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Stick with me here..... What's people's thoughts in trying Andi Weimann in the number 9 role ? His work rate is fantastic and he was our most threating player all night and let's be fair to the guy , he's not a winger, I know he's not the most technically gifted player we have in our squad but with Nugent's lack off form and Jerome ... well .... We will leave that untill another day. Personally Weimann in front of Palmer Lawrence and Vydra could work for me. 

No. But maybe an option to have Palmer out wide and weimann in the middle and then alternating . Palmer looked to be in a fluid role in his cameo. Could have brought vydra  off as he faded after a very bright start. 

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

We should got rid of him last Summer when he was given the deadwood tag. Fans know best.

I think Nugent and Jerome are both very good players in that position. The issue is Nugent needs a goal as his finishing is really unconfident at the moment, and when Jerome comes on we just hoof high balls forward instead of playing to his feet. I'd think about starting Jerome but read the riot act to the team that they play to his feet so he can hold it up and bring people into play or turn and run at them.

Weimann doesn't have the hold-up and linking ability for me to make him a better option there. Possibly Palmer would be able to play the role.

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

He is a number nine

He plays like a number nine even when he’s out wide 

He’s awful as a winger but looks like he’s playing well because he’s playing like he’s a number nine and is quite good at being a number nine 

Exactly, so if there's no one currently playing better in that role then why not play him there. His finish was good too tonight.

It is controversial but I do agree. Why not try and get weimann back to his villa form? We do have options to cover each position

a possible 11 for next match for me could be

Carson

wisdom     Keogh      Davies   Baird

Hudds   Ledley

palmer              Vydra.          Lawrence 

Weimann    

6 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I'd push Vydra up front and have Palmer at 10. Lawrence on the right and that nutcase Bradley on the left.

I agree with you but I would go for anya over Johnson, anya must be so pi$$ed off with derby came in for a few games done well to be dropped again 

Archived