Promotion predictor

Dethorn

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I’ve got Cardiff taking second spot ahead of us on goal difference. Villa fourth. 

The weirdest thing about that is, the predictor doesn't work out how much you expect a team to win by. So I think it's alphabetical order, rather than goal difference, otherwise it doesn't make a whole lot of sense! 

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The weirdest thing about that is, the predictor doesn't work out how much you expect a team to win by. So I think it's alphabetical order, rather than goal difference, otherwise it doesn't make a whole lot of sense! 

True enough. Might be us in second then!

Done this 3 diferent time on diferent days and got 3 completely diferent tables. derby twice finishing second and once finishing third. Had both Villa and Cardiff missing out on the play offs on separate occasions ?

what I did take out of it, is Fulham are now the team I’m most worried about.

3 minutes ago, FunkyRam said:

had the same, just 3 points separating us to Villa. I think it's going to the last day

Play offs for us I think. Predictions after that are about as safe as predicting who will be the next lottery .

Probably make the play offs.

4 games ago when we beat Brentford we were 3 pts above Cardiff  - we are now currently 5 pts behind them.

Its official our collapse has begun.

It was all in our own hands now its gone.

I think Wolves and Villa for top. 

16 hours ago, jagerbob said:

If Derby dont come 2nd... you need to do the exercise again until they do.

2. Derby                   90

3. Aston Villa           86

4. Fulham                85

5. Cardiff                82

6. Bristol City         81

I think I need to re-do mine. Four points clear is nowhere near enough!

10 hours ago, toddy said:

Probably make the play offs.

4 games ago when we beat Brentford we were 3 pts above Cardiff  - we are now currently 5 pts behind them.

Its official our collapse has begun.

It was all in our own hands now its gone.

I think Wolves and Villa for top. 

Its not Rocket science its about winning football matches. Derby arent winning, the other teams are.

Derby are drawing way too many, sometimes (norwich/sheff utd H) a draw is a good result, when we arent the better team

Othertimes, like Bristol C, and Leeds H we have done more than enough to win the game.

Villa won 6 in a row, before the getting 1 point from the last 6, against 2 inform sides.

Cardiff have 16 points fromthe last 18 available.....

those factors tied in with derby not getting the wins they often deserve, is the reason for the change in points swing.

Derby need to return to being clinical, the chasing of the game we have seen in the last 2 matches, in a bit to score, has left us open defensively. 

I had Villa 2nd on 88pts, Derby 3rd on 87pts. Can’t complain if that’s how it ends up, 87pts would be the most we’ve ever achieved in a season. 

I’ve also done the same predictor on derby telegraph site numerous times and had Derby finish 2nd.

I don’t think second place will reach 90 points, and I think everyone will trip over each other and it will go to the last game. We have as a good a chance as anyone.

After the Cardiff game on March 18th, we’ll know if it’s a top 2 battle or a scrap to stay in the top 6

Archived