Come on derby be brave

B4ev6is

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Maybe we need experience to steady the ship, not young lads who may sink and not swim.

The time to bring young lads on is when we have a game won, and then not too many of them or we end up with another Rotherham result.

Stick or twist. Gary rowett very rarely changes a winning team and let's face it we would be surprised if he did. 

Question - is it higher risk to make 6 changes or bring in one young un as a "freshening up"?

I don't think we should just dismiss b4s ideas.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well unless we got pace in the team and players who can beat a player or two. But I just feel if we have some raw talent in the team it might add some balance to the team.

Think we got rid of our raw talent for some reason,not sure why tho.

Well, if we started vidders and Palmer, then take vidders off as per Normal, we  could move Palmer into the number 10spot and bring on Thomas on the wing.

Im not dismissing B4’s idea, but it’s got to be the right game and conditions.

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Will huges jeff hendrick or dean moxey not got signed by derby if nigel clough showed no faith in young players so me I give there chance now.

I'm trying to imagine what Derby County Football Club would be like today had we not signed Dean Moxey... and I can't.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Well, if we started vidders and Palmer, then take vidders off as per Normal, we  could move Palmer into the number 10spot and bring on Thomas on the wing.

Im not dismissing B4’s idea, but it’s got to be the right game and conditions.

They'll be carrying you out of pride park feet first in a box before that happens mate :thumbsup:

Now call me stupid if you like but in my view if players/ team have lost their way a bit over the last few games ( a few draws and one loss ?)then changing formation ,shape and style is the very very last thing they need ,,,it’s needs to be kept as simple as possible with players told/ reminded of what they were doing that got us to second spot and filled with the knowledge that they are not being asked to do anything they haven’t shown they are capable of doing over the past half season ,,,,,, a few draws and one loss and we want to throw everything out the window and start a fresh ??? God I hope rowett can hold his nerve better than some fans and has far more sense and balanced long term view

4 hours ago, archied said:

Now call me stupid if you like but in my view if players/ team have lost their way a bit over the last few games ( a few draws and one loss ?)then changing formation ,shape and style is the very very last thing they need ,,,it’s needs to be kept as simple as possible with players told/ reminded of what they were doing that got us to second spot and filled with the knowledge that they are not being asked to do anything they haven’t shown they are capable of doing over the past half season ,,,,,, a few draws and one loss and we want to throw everything out the window and start a fresh ??? God I hope rowett can hold his nerve better than some fans and has far more sense and balanced long term view

Now that does make sense 

11 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Its easy when your winning, cos you dont need to change much and when you are losing, or not winning, everything seems wrong.

IMO we will beat Leeds fairly easily... and hopefully stupid threads like this can go away!

Win some lose some (unless you're Wolves) bet Villa weren't expecting to get turned over yesterday but it happens... should be behind the lads that have been playing all season and still looking at second. Palmer and Jerome need to knuckle down now.

Smash Leeds and we'll be back on track.

We certainly need a reaction in the next 4 or 5 games ..  Who cares how we win .. just that we do ..  positive passion from fans and players alike .. we don't need miserable browbeaten players and we certainly don't need miserable and browbeaten fans with an unrealistic sense of entitlement . Let's be the 12th man not just for the dirties but for the remainder of the season ..then wherever it takes us we can say we didn't let the side down ! COYR

4 hours ago, archied said:

Your final warning for talking sense ,there is always somebody who has to spoil it ,no more common sense please.

I don't know why everyone is getting so excited by palmer.

he seems a bit headless chicken to me from the very brief cameos we have seen.

And we'll just end up confusing ourselves if we bend the team out of shape to accommodate a chelsea player.

Carson

wisdom

olsson

keogh

davies

ledley

huddlestone

vydra 

nugent

lawrence

weimann

ok so nugent has faded, and lawrence is loopy, but thats the team. Thats what we've got. Thats it. 

We've gone from having a bloated squad to limited options. 

I would have one U23 player on the bench and if we are winning comfortably with about 10 to 15 minutes to go, bring him on. If the games is tight, don't use him. Gary Rowett must know who as the potential to step up. With 14 games to go and giving a youngster a 10 to 15 minutes runout between now and the end of the season, this would give you a good indication whether he will make it.

Archived