Television

McRainy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two teles. One is a 25 year old portable. 

25 year old car - just had to buy a new engine on ebay

Obsolete 12 year old laptop with no anti-virus

Microwave but No cooker. 

Second hand vacuum cleaner that cost £6

i'm worried i might be missing out.

9 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I can understand the ‘just for news, sport and films’ approach.

Again, I’d be interested to know how many people restrict it to that, versus the watch whatever’s on brigade.

I dont watch the news on the Tv ... I prefer a newspaper and the internet where i can choose what new stories interest me.

Sport and films and some dramas and a few comedies plus occasisonal documentaries like Living Planet for me. yes some of it is for gorming out, but sometimes thats what you need.

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have the TV on almost all the time as background to mask my tinnitus.

How did you get tinnitus?

i also have it as a result of a firework nearly taking my head off at a public display.

34 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How did you get tinnitus?

i also have it as a result of a firework nearly taking my head off at a public display.

Probably listening to loud music as a teenager. A pretty bog-standard way. I certainly can't trace it to any one event, though watching some footage on TV of an Iron Maiden concert did make me wonder about the Beast on the Road and World Piece.

23 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Probably listening to loud music as a teenager. A pretty bog-standard way. I certainly can't trace it to any one event, though watching some footage on TV of an Iron Maiden concert did make me wonder about the Beast on the Road and World Piece.

That’s what I attribute mine to as well Andy, when I was young I used to be a roadie and was around loud music for years then there’s playing me drums with  the headphones turned up to 11, I was a bit daft in retrospect but you don’t think of such things in your teens/twenties do you ?

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I think it is a moot point whether people who own a modern mobile device on which they access news, messageboards etc on a regular basis can claim they don't own a computer.

It's just evolution of technology. 

That’s pretty much why I don’t have one - there’s no need if your phone does everything. By ‘everything’ I mean sharing pictures and music, buying stuff on eBay and coming on here. 

I realise that’s just a different form of distraction, but at least it’s interactive; it’s the passivity of tv that I don’t like. That said, I did watch five episodes of GoT last night and bloody loved it. 

On 17/02/2018 at 13:51, ariotofmyown said:

Not played it either but think its one of those puzzle games people get addicted too.  It's no Monkey Island.

Monkey Bloody Island! 84 discs of serious gaming. I had a magazine in my bottom drawer with the walk through in it - only to be consulted if I'd spent at least 3 full nights awake without making any progress. Those games took a fair chunk of my childhood which I don't even want back.

4 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Just left my sister’s, who doesn’t own a microwave. All well and good, until it comes time to warm up my babies’ milk. 

Did they not warm baby milk before the microwave?:ph34r:

Archived