What going wrong lately

B4ev6is

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

From what I saw against Forest they don't look like they're knocking on the door. If you had to throw in one, anyone who can create from wide would be welcome.

Vulcan. You are right I'm a big follower of the Under23 afraid there are none ready yet The ones that had a chance are out on loan People keep saying Thomas but no he's not ready yes he's a talent for the future but not yet He's still maturing physically and mentally let's not destroy him by playing him to early He's like any other youngster inconsistent  Looking forward to Elsnik next season 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's football it happens. Sheffield Wed & Norwich have been up near the top of the league before, they are both capable sides, like so many other teams in the Championship and some days it just doesn't happen. You can talk about young, old, experienced players, formations, balance of the team, warm weather, cold weather, spirit of the squad etc. But it's 11 v 11 and sometimes, not everything magically falls into place, how us fans, and as the players, staff, coaches and managers would like it too, no matter how hard we all try. Take it on the chin, move on, and try to do all the right things in the next games and hope we are rewarded accordingly. And if we all stick together and keep on supporting our team, loudly and proudly, we'll be alright.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

I can see where B4 is coming from, we've had to blood our youth due to injuries and suspensions over the last month or so, given our previous manager wouldn't give them the time of day it's been a breath of fresh air and they've done a solid job.

Derby remind me of us last year and you'll be in the top six, where you finish in there is dependent on if GR is rigid in his set up or more fluid, we were too static under Carlos and are seeing the consequences now, hopefully our new manager can arrest it and we go again next season with a fitter and less injured squad.

Good luck however it pans out.

1 hour ago, walkleyowl said:

I can see where B4 is coming from, we've had to blood our youth due to injuries and suspensions over the last month or so, given our previous manager wouldn't give them the time of day it's been a breath of fresh air and they've done a solid job.

Derby remind me of us last year and you'll be in the top six, where you finish in there is dependent on if GR is rigid in his set up or more fluid, we were too static under Carlos and are seeing the consequences now, hopefully our new manager can arrest it and we go again next season with a fitter and less injured squad.

Good luck however it pans out.

Cheers for that. We are not in a position at the moment to blend any youngsters we've got 12of them out on loan and they are IMO the only ones we could risk in the first team Not sure I share your optimism about us finishing top six We seem to have hit a bit of a brick wall at the moment were not really playing well  Think your safe from any relegation fears now not that it was ever going to happen

i think we should try abit of a 3 at the back occaisonally, especially as were having no luck against it with our current formation, and maybe there was something to learn about sticking to one system with our previous misfortunes. wisdom coming into rcb, igor...eogh sweeping, davis obviously the other side. one of our ball players infront of them and then two up front. probably nugent  and vydra, with jerome coming on and vydra dropping deeper, and then whoever is showing enough to be playing in these wider rolls, get them given a run. maybe give lawrence or palmer a chance to get involved through the middle too. just a thought. it well needs freshening up regardless of what they do. 

To be fair we are where we are... after the start we had id have taken third place at this stage in the season... we’re not scoring enough & if we’re honest the two teams above us have better squads... villa have gone on a mental run but they’ll have a bad patch... we’re in our bad patch & will pick up ... plenty of football left to play 

Its not very nice playing football when it gets cold. The ball gives you a good slap when it hits you. The cold wind cuts through you and if its raining you get all soaking wet and it can be a bit slippery.

In summer its sunny and the ball is a bit more bouncy . The only problem Is if theres dog shiit on the ball.

its just too cold at the moment.

we'll pick up when its gets a bit warmer.  

Is the crack particularly strong in Derby? "Lets switch to 3 at the back". Lets not. The problems aren't in defence...

Lets try Vydra out wide, with Palmer through the middle. I know, It's been tried before. (But under a better manager, it might work :ph34r:). But seriously, I think I it would give us the extra energy in offense. But maybe not starting that way, maybe after an hour if the current style (which has done us well all season) isn't working that day.

Just because teams have worked out how our well drilled style works, doesn't mean we should be using a style for the whole match, where we don't know what we are doing, just so the opposition doesn't know what we are doing

We’ve had a tough run of fixtures. Take all the emotion out of it, and look at the results last six games;

Draws - Norwich, Millwall, Bristol City.

No shame there.

Wins - Brentford

As it should be

Losses - Sheffield Wednesday

Dissapointing.

So, only one real disappointing result? Villa have also had a much easier run of games recently - much will change over the next three months.

COYRs!

19 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Its called a normalisation curve, we were over achieving and now our results are falling back to our standard performance levels. 

That did occur to me...we're regressing to the mean. We were overachieving on our Xg and now we're the other side of the curve. It's a funny old game statistics. :mellow:

52 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That did occur to me...we're regressing to the mean. We were overachieving on our Xg and now we're the other side of the curve. It's a funny old game statistics. :mellow:

On another thread someone said that we've got to the playoffs 6 times and have only won it once, and therefore According to the law of averages we are more likely to win if we get there again.

when i did statistics i was told that if you toss a coin 6 times and it comes up heads 5 times that this past history has no bearing as to whether it comes up heads again next time.

then again, i usually ended up staring out of the window in maths. 

Still feeling quietly confident we'll get 2nd place, all this moaning and groaning... we've got a decent squad. 

Good few days now for Gaz to sort 'em out so let's get it together, kick Leeds whilst they're down and start again. 

Get Vydz flying at em, Nuge tapping em in, Big Jez and Kasey coming on to finish em off and we'll be alright B4.

KTF & UTR

I have to say it looks like the playoffs for me. I thought we had a tough run of fixtures recently - but matches coming up don’t look much easier. I think we’ll collect around 23 points from the final games - leaving us on 81 points and firmly in the playoffs - unless we see a drastic upturn in form.

40 minutes ago, RamNut said:

On another thread someone said that we've got to the playoffs 6 times and have only won it once, and therefore According to the law of averages we are more likely to win if we get there again.

when i did statistics i was told that if you toss a coin 6 times and it comes up heads 5 times that this past history has no bearing as to whether it comes up heads again next time.

then again, i usually ended up staring out of the window in maths. 

The law of averages has no influence on future actions as you quite rightly allude to, it has no memory. If the number 1 was drawn out in this week's National Lottery then there would be an equal chance of this same number being drawn out the following week in relation to all of the other numbers - just because it was drawn the previous week has no bearing whatsoever to future events. 

If we have a dismal record in winning playoffs we have entered this has no bearing to our future performances in play offs as you quite rightly state. 

Archived