17/18 Championship Relegation Battle

Day

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stick my neck out here.

We'll win on Saturday AND we'll stay up.

We need to win 6 games and draw 2. Game on.

After Forest it's Barnsley, Millwall then we've still got to play Bolton, Sunderland, Hull, Birmingham and Derby (:ph34r:) who are all pretty much gimmies ;-)

Appreciate it's a bold statement but the mood change has been instantaneous and even if we do go down, I'm pleased to say we will go down playing football and smiling, which we weren't doing before the 3 loan lads came in.

Forest 1-1 Reading
Boro 3-1 Hull
Barnsley 1-2 Burton
Brentford 5-0 Birmingham
Bolton 1-0 Sunderland

Bolton 33
Birmingham 30
Hull 29
----------------
Burton 29
Barnsley 28
Sunderland 26

Sunderland are in a mess, no doubt about it but still wouldn't like to call it yet, so tight down there where all you need is a couple of decent results back to back. 

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Can't see Forest being in the relegation mix. 8 points clear of the bottom three, who are there for a reason. About as much chance as us catching Wolves.

But for us to catch wolves, they’d have to go on a massive kissing streak, which is unlikely, given their form so far. 

But it’s not unlikely for forest to loose 3 or 4 back to back, and allow the others to catch up if one or two have a decent couple of games. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

But for us to catch wolves, they’d have to go on a massive kissing streak, which is unlikely, given their form so far. 

But it’s not unlikely for forest to loose 3 or 4 back to back, and allow the others to catch up if one or two have a decent couple of games. 

pucker up

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I once described them as an 'unflushable turd' when they were in the Premier League. It now looks like they are about to go flying around the u-bend and head first in to a pile of cack. 

After several years of the prem trying to flush them they succeeded big style..they thought they'd done villa as well but they might be a buoyant surprise.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Jan Kirchoff has signed for Bolton.

If he can stay fit he’ll piss this division.

A confusing post for me as a Brewer.

i should give you s like because I fully agree with you, if fit he'll be an unreal asset at this level.

i dislike it 'cos it's bad news brown for us. It's going to be hard enough to stay up without our rivals adding quality like that.

Ive never seen Kirchoff play, but his CV says Bayern took a punt on him, and never played him, few appearences when Schalke where at their lowest point in years... and well went down with sunderland?

is he really any good?

From reputation alone - I used to think Pablo Hernandez when he signed for Leeds was a right coup, given his CL and top La Liga performances, and at times he has been amazing for leeds, other times, dog cack.

Id have put him almost in as higher brackett as Neves at Wolves.... who is one of the best championship players in years. I still dont understand why the he went to Wolves, no matter how much they are paying. Boly and Jota also at Wolves have recent experience at a much higher level than the championship. You wonder what is going on at wolves, when the owner has his fingers in other more prominent clubs around europe and seeminly can influence transfers which wouldnt happen otherwise.

Archived