Free agents

wombatram

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to sign another striker and a fullback.

We are not going to sign another striker and another fullback.

Rowett cannot be expected to get us promotion in his first season.

We may still get it.

Next season may be more difficult to get promotion and I think that it will be.

Must have been a reason Ledley was overlooked by teams, he was linked with a handful but nothing materialised. Ultimately I imagine our signing was through necessity and availability rather than choice.

That said I do recall a player a few years back signing for either a bottom championship or top league 1 side despite the fact most people thought he was well above it, and he said he'd simply had no offers. Another teams' manager said in the press after he signed that he and other sides had wrongly assumed he wouldn't drop down and wages would be prohibitive so didn't even make an approach.

Can't speak for his ability but they are the sort of players we should be looking to pick up. Players who are trained up the right way but aren't going to have a chance at their high demand clubs. Grab the next Ince, Lawrence or whoever and use them as back up for now whilst hoping they become first teamers in the medium term future.

• 1 month later...
On 12/04/2018 at 11:02, Ramara said:

If we could get Jackson Martinez that would be unreal but guarantee his wages would be very high

He'll have made a killing in Asia so I doubt money is everything.

Remember Darren Bent was also once a £30m player.

On 15/04/2018 at 20:50, JaguarRam said:

I am a free agent... I am 40 years old and have a knackered knee so I would slot in lovely and not affect the average age of the first team..

Need more than a knackered knee to compete fairly for a squad place by our present performances.

You must be :

lethargic especially after renewing your contract.

Able to pass side ways and backwards unless you can hoof the ball 20 yards from any forward player to chase.

fall over at any given time and show despair at the ref .

Archived