4 goals in 15 games

Donnyram

I know it's widely known with our clean sheet record but in 15 games since the 4-2 home defeat to Reading we have conceded just 4 goals in 15 games with 11 clean sheets.  That is some record and I cannot remember a better run..... over to the statisticians amongst us ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mckram said:

Think we have 16 this season, Wolves on 17.

24 to beat which would be some going!

Usually around 20 clean sheets is the high for a season with the odd team getting above that. 

(46/30)x16=24.53, rounded up to 25.

Or continuing as per our last 15 games,  that's another 11, giving us 27.

Will be fascinating to see if we get anywhere close to that.

7 hours ago, Mckram said:

Think we have 16 this season, Wolves on 17.

24 to beat which would be some going!

Usually around 20 clean sheets is the high for a season with the odd team getting above that. 

Yes, 16 clean sheets in total so far.  What impresses me is the consistency over the last 15 games..... long may it continue!

What impresses me is that of those four goals conceded only one came from open play

one was a free kick v fulham, and the other two were from corners v ipswich.

9 hours ago, Donnyram said:

I know it's widely known with our clean sheet record but in 15 games since the 4-2 home defeat to Reading we have conceded just 4 goals in 15 games with 11 clean sheets.  That is some record and I cannot remember a better run..... over to the statisticians amongst us ?

Keo's record must be even better given he wasn't on the pitch for those 4 goals, always got a mistake in him though.

I'm curious what the record for fewest league goals conceded in a season is. I can't find it anywhere.

If we assume the clean sheet records hold it, which isn't necessarily the case QPR had the better GA than Swansea with 32.

So if we concede less than 9 goals in the next 16 games, there's a chance :D 

Genuinely inspiring to see the work that Rowett has got this defence doing, the screening in front of the back 4 is almost perfect.

A solid unit at the back has been what we have been missing over the past couple of seasons, no more silly mistakes that cost us points.

Really proud to see Keogh getting the recognition he deserves, always seemed to worry about his partner too much previously - now he has got a fantastic partner so he can do his roaming that gets the fans off their seats.

13 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Genuinely inspiring to see the work that Rowett has got this defence doing, the screening in front of the back 4 is almost perfect.

A solid unit at the back has been what we have been missing over the past couple of seasons, no more silly mistakes that cost us points.

Really proud to see Keogh getting the recognition he deserves, always seemed to worry about his partner too much previously - now he has got a fantastic partner so he can do his roaming that gets the fans off their seats.

unlike 1-0 to the Arsenal it's 3-0 to the Derby being the new version

20 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Just posted this in another thread but probably better fits here:

I think its interesting that opposition fans are not realising our style of play just as some of us Derby fans weren't earlier in the season. Brentford fans were/are convinced that they were on top second half and likely to score. In reality they had a couple of sniffs but that's about it. Its very reassuring to know that once we go even one ahead the opposition have a big problem. If they push on to equalise they are more likely going to concede again. If they continue as they start which is often just probing, our defence is nigh on impregnable. 

1 hour ago, admira said:

In the 4 games against Wolves (H), Reading (H), Sheffield United (A) and Bristol City (A), we conceded 13 goals  

In the remaining 26 league games, we’ve only let in 10. 

Its a remarkable performance by the back four. 

Remarkable achievement yes but it's a reflection of the whole team and the way Rowett has got them playing rather than just the back four, although they have indeed been excellent.  The way Vydra has changed his game, working hard to track back and regain possession, is a great example of GR's influence this season.

43 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

Remarkable achievement yes but it's a reflection of the whole team and the way Rowett has got them playing rather than just the back four, although they have indeed been excellent.  The way Vydra has changed his game, working hard to track back and regain possession, is a great example of GR's influence this season.

Spot on everyone is buying into it and Vydra is tracking back and running miles he literally looks dead on his feet after 80 mins

On 05/02/2018 at 08:01, RamNut said:

What impresses me is that of those four goals conceded only one came from open play

one was a free kick v fulham, and the other two were from corners v ipswich.

Ha! Of course, set pieces from a Mick McCarthy side. :lol: 

Poor Mick will never get a break from the stereotypes. I wonder if he would even buy Messi if he could?

Interesting ! 

“Colin Boulton was the only Derby County player to take part in all 84-league games during the team's two Championship winning seasons

Boulton kept 23 clean sheets during the Championship-winning 1971–72 season.

He was also ever present in the team that won the First Division in 1975”

Archived