• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, David said:

Sunday 11 March Nottingham Forest v Derby County 2.30pm

Friday 30 March Derby County v Sunderland 7.45pm

Monday 2 April Preston North End v Derby County 12.45pm

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/01/three-matches-selected-for-live-coverage

Playing last thing on Friday and then being early ko on Monday seems v unfair. That looks no more rest than in the Christmas period when we looked knackered at home to Sheffield Utd. If these fixtures are crucial to our auto hopes then can't we appeal?

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Playing last thing on Friday and then being early ko on Monday seems v unfair. That looks no more rest than in the Christmas period when we looked knackered at home to Sheffield Utd. If these fixtures are crucial to our auto hopes then can't we appeal?

I think it’s Good Friday and Easter Monday

9 minutes ago, David said:

Sunday 11 March Nottingham Forest v Derby County 2.30pm

Friday 30 March Derby County v Sunderland 7.45pm

Monday 2 April Preston North End v Derby County 12.45pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/january/tv-games-sixteen-fixtures-across-three-divisions-announced-in-latest-sky-sports-selections/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Upon viewing the link, aston villa dont appear enough. I am going to write to complain to the EFL... an outrage. They appear only the same amount of times as that little club derby county do.

12 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I have already booked my flight for the last game of the season in the belief that it can't be moved because of potential promotion and relegation issues. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes you are wrong - our last game of the season might just be the last Monday in May. It is a Bank Holiday and flight prices will be more expensive. Get it booked just in case :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

I have already booked my flight for the last game of the season in the belief that it can't be moved because of potential promotion and relegation issues. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're correct. They can be televised but all fixtures must start at the same time so that teams don't take advantage of knowing previous results.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

That Forest fixture will lead to some interesting family conversations - it's Mothering Sunday. 

Makes it a bit of an early start on Easter Monday but do-able. 

Too right. Recently realised that family lunch/father-in-laws bday lunch was on that day. At 3pm.

Was thinking I might be ok as we could be on the Saturday or Sunday 1ish slot. Now it's 2.30pm!

Oh well, this won't be anymore important than our other games now we are actually playing for promotion. Their cup final though.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

I think it’s Good Friday and Easter Monday

Yes I got that - a quick look at the EFL website might illustrate my point a bit better.

Good Friday 30/3

Millwall v Forest at 13.00

Barnsley v Bristol C, Brentford v Sheff Utd, Cardiff v Burton, Leeds v Bolton, Norwich v Fulham, Sheff Wed v Preston all at 15.00

Boro v Wolves, Reading v QPR at 17.30

Derby v Sunderland 19.45

Sat 31/3 (Easter Saturday)

Brum v Ipswich 15.00

Hull v Villa 17.30

Sun 1/4 (Easter Sunday) - no matches

Mon 2/4 (Easter Monday)

Preston v Derby 12.45

Bristol v Brentford, Burton v Boro, Ipswich v Millwall, Forest v Barnsley, QPR v Norwich, Sunderland v Sheff Wed all at 15.00

Sheff Utd v Cardiff at 19.45

Tue 3/4

Villa v Reading, Fulham v Leeds, Wolves v hull and Bolton v Brum 19.45

So Ipswich only have 2 days (48 hours) between their 2 fixtures which is the shortest turnaround time. Followed by the Rams who get 2 days and about 16 hours. Everyone else gets at least 3 days.

And the really important thing is - nobody cares about Ipswich......but we are being potentially slightly disadvantaged relative to all of the other promotion chasers.

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Yes I got that - a quick look at the EFL website might illustrate my point a bit better.

Good Friday 30/3

Millwall v Forest at 13.00

Barnsley v Bristol C, Brentford v Sheff Utd, Cardiff v Burton, Leeds v Bolton, Norwich v Fulham, Sheff Wed v Preston all at 15.00

Boro v Wolves, Reading v QPR at 17.30

Derby v Sunderland 19.45

Sat 31/3 (Easter Saturday)

Brum v Ipswich 15.00

Hull v Villa 17.30

Sun 1/4 (Easter Sunday) - no matches

Mon 2/4 (Easter Monday)

Preston v Derby 12.45

Bristol v Brentford, Burton v Boro, Ipswich v Millwall, Forest v Barnsley, QPR v Norwich, Sunderland v Sheff Wed all at 15.00

Sheff Utd v Cardiff at 19.45

Tue 3/4

Villa v Reading, Fulham v Leeds, Wolves v hull and Bolton v Brum 19.45

So Ipswich only have 2 days (48 hours) between their 2 fixtures which is the shortest turnaround time. Followed by the Rams who get 2 days and about 16 hours. Everyone else gets at least 3 days.

And the really important thing is - nobody cares about Ipswich......but we are being potentially slightly disadvantaged relative to all of the other promotion chasers.

Preston are only getting an extra 4 hours rest, but they have to travel from Sheffield back where as we are at home, can't see it having that great of an effect on our game against them and our next game is against Bolton who play on the Tuesday so we have more of a rest than they do.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

Preston are only getting an extra 4 hours rest, but they have to travel from Sheffield back where as we are at home, can't see it having that great of an effect on our game against them and our next game is against Bolton who play on the Tuesday so we have more of a rest than they do.

You forget that we have to travel up to Preston on Monday and they don’t. Sheffield to Preston is shorter than Derby to Preston. Can’t see it being a major factor though. 

Archived