Season Ticket Auto-renewal

Briggsy

Has anyone else had a letter from the club stating that their season ticket would auto-renew on 25th February? It says that the process will 'ensure you receive the early bird price on your renewal letter'. I haven't received a renewal letter.

Anyone know when the early bird cut off will be? I'm probably going to renew but to auto-renew something that costs this much money is ridiculous. They're doing it because they know people will forget, it's pretty cheeky.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you agree for automatic renewal when you buy your ticket, I'm not sure that legally they are entitled to do it.

I hate auto-renewals. The number of times when I've received notification that one was due, I've phoned the company involved, told them I want to cancel then got offered a whopping discount. Not sure that would work with my season ticket though.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Unless you agree for automatic renewal when you buy your ticket, I'm not sure that legally they are entitled to do it.

I hate auto-renewals. The number of times when I've received notification that one was due, I've phoned the company involved, told them I want to cancel then got offered a whopping discount. Not sure that would work with my season ticket though.

Depends, how many of us read all the small print that comes out? Could say something in there like we will auto renew it unless you tell us otherwise.

Auto Renewals work for companies as a lot of people are lazy and just think 'ah i cant be bothered'.

Its marketed as a way of protecting the customer incase they forget, but in reality they do work on the basis people are lazy and if they have to make a phone call to stop it going through a big percentage of people wont be bothered. Personally for this one if thats the case I will be quite happy though as I will renew anyway.

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I thought that was promised too

"Anyone that purchases their 2017/18 Season Ticket no later than Saturday 30th September 2017, and renews their Season Ticket during the first period of sale for 2018/19 in early 2018, will receive their money back should the Rams be promoted to the Premier League this season."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

7 minutes ago, David said:

"Anyone that purchases their 2017/18 Season Ticket no later than Saturday 30th September 2017, and renews their Season Ticket during the first period of sale for 2018/19 in early 2018, will receive their money back should the Rams be promoted to the Premier League this season."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

So how early in 2018 do we have to renew for this deal? Is there  a cut-off date?

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

What's more annoying is to opt out you have to either email or write to them, can't ring up or just opt out online. They try to make it as much of a hassle as possible to put people off doing it. It's a dodgy business practice.

Can't see why that would be "more annoying". Is opting out by e-mail really that much different or more hassle that opt out online? Also, opt out by e-mail has to be preferable to phoning up. It would be cheaper and you'd have an audit trail to prove you'd opted out. 

No hassle and therefore fuss over nothing. If in doubt, and are confident that you won't forget when the time comes, simply opt out now by e-mail. Job done. 

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

What's more annoying is to opt out you have to either email or write to them, can't ring up or just opt out online. They try to make it as much of a hassle as possible to put people off doing it. It's a dodgy business practice.

If you want to renew look how much hassle it is saving you. 

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

How can they auto renew though? Are they now keeping payment details on file?  What about if you paid in cash last year?

I think it's just people on the direct debit scheme - cash auto-renewal would be difficult unless they break into your house and empty your wallet and I think they have to ask permission before they're allowed to set up a recurring payment from a credit card....

43 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I think it's just people on the direct debit scheme - cash auto-renewal would be difficult unless they break into your house and empty your wallet and I think they have to ask permission before they're allowed to set up a recurring payment from a credit card....

Gary wouldn’t have to break in, il just open the door and he can take what he likes!

I see the idea of the auto renewal but you’d think it would auto renew on the last day of the early bird not the first?!

46 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Gary wouldn’t have to break in, il just open the door and he can take what he likes!

I see the idea of the auto renewal but you’d think it would auto renew on the last day of the early bird not the first?!

Absolutely should be last day of early bird. Some people may not have made their mind up, if it auto renews on the first day then that’s not right. 

Archived