New Contract: George Thorne 2020

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the worst game he's ever had in the Derby shirt. When he's had a bad game in the past, he's still been better than most players on the pitch but tonight it just didn't click for him. I know people like pairing Thorne and Huddlestone together but I don't really rate it as they are too similar and stop each other's passing lines. For me, it's Ledley and 1 other who should be the cdms.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Probably the worst game he's ever had in the Derby shirt. When he's had a bad game in the past, he's still been better than most players on the pitch but tonight it just didn't click for him. I know people like pairing Thorne and Huddlestone together but I don't really rate it as they are too similar and stop each other's passing lines. For me, it's Ledley and 1 other who should be the cdms.

Ledley wasn't fit though - so wasn't it the case that we were down to the bare bones?

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Worst performance I’ve ever seen from him in a rams shirt last night, nothing went right for him! Must be very frustrating as hell lose his place back to ledley now, quite rightly mind. Shame as I don’t think he’s ever looked like the worst player on the pitch before!

Early days for JT. Probably wont know till back end of the season as to whether he is going to be the player he was prior in injury problems. Bit of a gamble with the long contract. Time will tell. 

George was hit very hard in the first few minutes last night, and it left him limping for quite a while. It might b e that he had to continue and carry a knock for the rest of the match, as Rowett wanted to keep him on the pitch. Shame as he messed up loads of passes last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived