New Contract: George Thorne 2020

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see him back at his best. He's good but not at the level he was at. 

Right now i'd rather have Ledley and Huddz.

Pains me to say it too. 

Yep at this point he’s not at the right level and this is where it’s wrong to say keep putting him in on past performances ,there’s no room for sentiment ,Ledley has to be put in and George has to fight for his place in training and grab his next chance when Ledley is off form or injured , if he is still the player he was or as good as we remember he will be back in or we may find Ledley is a better player ,either way places have to be earnt and not given on old loyalties 

It’s almost like it’s his first run of games after two or three ridiculously bad injuries. Fancy that being the cause of his inconsistency, eh?

Suppose it’s not a surprise people are now on his back. I mean, it’s hardly like Forsyth got a pass for having two ACLs in a row and coming back way quicker than George did and basically playing every week immediately. 

I think people over analyse Thorne too much sometimes, i thought he had a decent game yesterday, one or two passes went astray but also some very good movement from defensive to joining in with attacks. No hes not upto the form he was but hes doing ok in my opinion,

We can all point to individual mistakes by players and say 'well that was rubbish', how about Huddlestone and Ledley combining for that free kick late on where it went straight to one of Brentfords players?

We have a wealth of players in this position for the first time in a long time.

I think Ledley probably will come in against Norwich and Huddlestone is in the best form for us since joining again so Thorne might be in the bench again, but he will get minutes and will get his chance again.

Archived