Neville for England Manager

Van der MoodHoover

1 hour ago, David said:

Problem is these days you have to be squeaky clean and offend absolutely nobody, after Allardyce and Sampson they would have wanted another Southgate type appointment for their image.

Seen this morning that Neville didn’t even apply for the job! Appointment has come in for criticism from ex players as well. 

Media are circling, won’t be a pretty press conference 

He was jokingly suggested by a television pundit at an FA do to the big wigs… it literally snowballed from there

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense, be interested to see who did apply for the job and knocked back for Neville.

I'm not offended in the slightest by his jokes just to put that out there, I've probably made worse over the years but in private, that's the difference, in private.

These days employers try to steer clear of any controversy, they will drop you in a flash to distance themselves from anything that could be seen as offensive which some female athletes have taken this morning with the tweets.

Have to be so careful out there with what you post, humour doesn't always translate well in written words on a screen as we've seen plenty of times on this forum, the internet also never forgets, ask Andre Grey.

Wouldn't agree if the FA did boot him but I would understand it and wouldn't be surprised.

A labour MP was on talk spot earlier, that’s it crossed the line of banter, he wasn’t just joking about.......wait so are you saying be actually battered his mrs?! What a load of rubbish. All these people who are getting offended by something that isn’t even aimed at them, it’s the society we live in today, people getting offended for the sake of being offended. The only person that tweet could offended is his mrs as that’s who it’s aimed and I’m pretty sure she won’t give a ****.

I think he will be ok, when they advertised they specified that they were looking for someone who had never said anything or told a joke which was sexist or racist....this is the in tray for applications after 6 weeks.

empty-red-wire-mesh-office-post-in-tray-

Mountains and Molehills.

I kinda hate the way that with every news story, in the media.. (and Im not even talkingsocial media) they still feel the need to get the opinions of some lobby group, because there is always somone somewhere whose getting offended, and the media see fit to publisie this.

Im getting sick of Kick it outs political correctness. It needs to grow a pair!

Even if he was serious, people can change their opinions over a matter of years.

The problem with words of the past being quotable is people assume that's still what you think now.

Still, probably better off being off twitter in a role like that. The women's team gets a lot of stick and he'd probably be baited by a lot of it.

On 1/23/2018 at 19:45, GenBr said:

In my opinion the Womens team should have a Female manager. They must be able to find a female coach who has the same management experience as Phil Neville for Christ sake.

If they want to build the female game they have to do it at all levels and not just with the players.

My Mum for one...

Phil Neville: New England women's boss will not face FA charge over sexist tweets

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42802840

Reading between the lines:

BREAKING NEWS - Employer will not fine its new Employee as the first thing it does to welcome him in his new role, before he has even set foot in the workplace!!!

BBC seem every day to get closer to the a tabloid newspaper... although with Dan Sky Roan in charge.... its not really suprising is it?

****ing makes my blood boil!

• 1 month later...

Archived