Neville for England Manager

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard about this earlier and thought how we'd have two brothers managing the two england teams and whether it would spur them on to outdo each other.

And then i saw this thread and realised that Gary Neville isn't even the men's england manager. And then i actually had to think to remember who was the men's england manager.

Just now, Parsnip said:

Heard about this earlier and thought how we'd have two brothers managing the two england teams and whether it would spur them on to outdo each other.

And then i saw this thread and realised that Gary Neville isn't even the men's england manager. And then i actually had to think to remember who was the men's england manager.

Gary neville is managing the wendies :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion the Womens team should have a Female manager. They must be able to find a female coach who has the same management experience as Phil Neville for Christ sake.

If they want to build the female game they have to do it at all levels and not just with the players.

Just now, GenBr said:

In my opinion the Womens team should have a Female manager. They must be able to find a female coach who has the same management experience as Phil Neville for Christ sake.

If they want to build the female game they have to do it at all levels and not just with the players.

They had Hope Powell for years but when she left all sorts of issues with her tenure were identified. 

Perhaps the F A were notified in a report but forgot to read this one too like they did last time.

I do think it was probably Ill judged attempts at humour, but just stupid to use social media to publish them.

Shouldn't be an issue, Scotland have had no problem giving Mackay a job and his texts were far more offensive.

Still going to be embarrassing for the FA after the debacle with Mark Sampson

21 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Don't get why he's in any way qualified for the role, but as far as the tweets go, is it possible that they were just............jokes? (or are they banned in football nowadays?)

Jokes are now banned in this country full stop I'm afraid*

* No offence is meant to anyone who may feel offended by this comment, or indeed may choose to feel offended on behalf of somebody else who may or may not be offended by this comment.

Problem is these days you have to be squeaky clean and offend absolutely nobody, after Allardyce and Sampson they would have wanted another Southgate type appointment for their image.

Seen this morning that Neville didn’t even apply for the job! Appointment has come in for criticism from ex players as well. 

Media are circling, won’t be a pretty press conference 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Problem is these days you have to be squeaky clean and offend absolutely nobody, after Allardyce and Sampson they would have wanted another Southgate type appointment for their image.

Seen this morning that Neville didn’t even apply for the job! Appointment has come in for criticism from ex players as well. 

Media are circling, won’t be a pretty press conference 

Hack #1 "So Phil, how do you think your tweets compare with the remarks made by David Moyes"? 

Archived