Why?

Sith Happens

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Because the country is full of jumped up self serving ***** that see good in everyone and thing the can rehabilitate the worst offenders .Hang him and hang a do gooder either side of him.

Agreed pal but if you said that on the street or on social media you'd be accused of spreading hatred. Political correctness has taken over and not always for the better.

11 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Because the country is full of jumped up self serving ***** that see good in everyone and thing the can rehabilitate the worst offenders .Hang him and hang a do gooder either side of him.

My experience of 'Mental Health Workers' is that by and large they are:

a.Do-gooders

b.Wet behind the ears

c.Compulsive coffee drinkers

d. Not fit for purpose.

Those on this forum who are aware ot the Bradgate Unit at Glenfield will know what I mean.

I can't believe that rehabilitators are any different.

PistoldPete2
27 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-42571219

Seriously how can we contemplate releasing this guy?

You can't rehabilitate someone like this, he will reoffend at some point.

Thats just ridiculous. A serial rapist like that should serve about 20 years in jail. 

I think a problem here is thae idea that "rape is rape" . But you just cant compare what this guy did with having sex with someone who you thought was overage but wasnt , or with someone who was a bit tipsy or whatever. This guy is evil and needs to serve a proper sentence. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Thats just ridiculous. A serial rapist like that should serve about 20 years in jail. 

I think a problem here is thae idea that "rape is rape" . But you just cant compare what this guy did with having sex with someone who you thought was overage but wasnt , or with someone who was a bit tipsy or whatever. This guy is evil and needs to serve a proper sentence. 

I'd agree that his sentence seems stupidly short and people's anger is understandable. His victims must be disgusted

However, he is being dealt with by the UK justice system, and whether we like it or not, that's the justice system we live under, so no amount of vigilante justice talk will change that. If anything people risk being dealt with under that same justice system for taking the law into their own hands!

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

I'd agree that his sentence seems stupidly short and people's anger is understandable. His victims must be disgusted

However, he is being dealt with by the UK justice system, and whether we like it or not, that's the justice system we live under, so no amount of vigilante justice talk will change that. If anything people risk being dealt with under that same justice system for taking the law into their own hands!

Sorry Stive this isnt vigilante talk. Ive been just as vocal when the system has worked against a so called rapist, ie Ched Evans. The justice system failed ched Evans and at the other end of the scale has failed the victims of this character. it needs changing. 

Wasn't it that he was convicted of a handful of offences, given his sentence, and after conviction was accused of many more?

If so, can they not charge him with the offences not originally forming his original sentence and conviction?

This guy is a psychopath and can't fathom how you could assess that he would be okay to release him after any length of time. 

There was another story that came out today of a guy who has been convicted of manslaughter twice and murder once of 3 partners over 35 years. How the hell could they let it happen?

17 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Sorry Stive this isnt vigilante talk. Ive been just as vocal when the system has worked against a so called rapist, ie Ched Evans. The justice system failed ched Evans and at the other end of the scale has failed the victims of this character. it needs changing. 

But you're comparing two completely different things. Both were found guilty by a jury of peers. Your issue with Evans was about an unjust verdict, from the jury. This guy was found guilty by a jury, nobody has an issue with the verdict, but the sentence, from the judge, seems unreasonably light. There's been plenty of cases where judges don't treat violence or assault on women as seriously as maybe they would treat other crimes. I'm not saying I can't see issues with trial by jury - the story in private eye of a juror who voted guilty because the police said he was guilty, and they wouldn't make up something like that being a good reason to have concerns - but the idea of an approved group in charge of verdicts has deep concerns for me. Until a better system is put forward the Evanses will have to take their chance with the jury and rely on the appeal process for those miscarriages of justice. 

Probably got to clear his cell out for a my-word-against-his falsely accused uni student in a freshers week escapade... no doubt who will serve the full term as well! You simply cannot commit that volume of serious crime and not be a danger to society again, one rape and I'd be suspicious of rehabilitation chances...potentially hundreds and ten or so proven? Well, what an embarrassment for British justice.

10 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

This guy is a psychopath and can't fathom how you could assess that he would be okay to release him after any length of time. 

There was another story that came out today of a guy who has been convicted of manslaughter twice and murder once of 3 partners over 35 years. How the hell could they let it happen?

That bald scouse **** on Corrie keeps getting away with it...

Archived