Lost - 5
For - 38
Against - 21
GD - +17
Points - 44

- Only Wolves have scored more goals than us
- 3 Clubs have conceded fewer goals than us
- We are 3 points behind Cardiff in 2nd and 10 points behind Wolves in 1st
- Vydra is the 2nd top goalscorer in the Championship with 13 goals, 96 minutes per goal
- Carson has kept 12 clean sheets
- Carson's best run of 4 games without conceding is the 3rd best run in the Championship.
- Derby are 1 of 4 clubs yet to receive a red card
- Curtis Davies is whoscored.com 3rd highest rated player in the Championship
- With 2.7 interceptions per game Curtis Davies is 4th in the Championship
- With 8.7 clearances per game Curtis Davis is 3rd in the Championship
- 11 Derby players have scored a goal
- Derby are one of 8 clubs that have not failed to score in back to back games
- Derby have scored the most penalties in the Championship, 5
- 28 goals from open play, only Sheffield United have scored more with 29

Halfway point of the season, few random stats thrown out there, thoughts of the season so far?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the best is yet to come, we are growing as a team and getting better with each game , the spine of the team with Carson, Davis, Keogh, Ledley, Nugent and Vydra is looking very good, and I feel with Mr Rowett in charge things will only get better, can not wait to see how the next 23 games pan out.

Great start. A lot of the football journalists refer to us as perennially effete. But this season we have got a perfect combination of experience, pace, good tactics, top fitness levels and a substitute bench with options. With an astute window and luck with injuries this is our season.

COYR

The jaw dropping bit of stattage for me is the split between the first 10 games (W3 D4 L3 13pts), and the following 13 (W10 D1 L2 31pts).

The coincidence of the upturn with the arrival of Ledley is obvious, but with hindsight the pattern was developing before that, and it's now apparent that the while squad knows what GR wants of them and that he's lifted performance levels from Weimann, Vydra, Baird, Keogh and Carson (how many of the top English keepers need to get injured before he has to cancel his holidays?!).

I'm going to tempt fate...we won't collapse like we have in previous years as we're still improving and we look far more resilient.

Might not be enough, but we'll have fun finding out.

19 minutes ago, needles said:

The jaw dropping bit of stattage for me is the split between the first 10 games (W3 D4 L3 13pts), and the following 13 (W10 D1 L2 31pts).

The coincidence of the upturn with the arrival of Ledley is obvious, but with hindsight the pattern was developing before that, and it's now apparent that the while squad knows what GR wants of them and that he's lifted performance levels from Weimann, Vydra, Baird, Keogh and Carson (how many of the top English keepers need to get injured before he has to cancel his holidays?!).

I'm going to tempt fate...we won't collapse like we have in previous years as we're still improving and we look far more resilient.

Might not be enough, but we'll have fun finding out.

I have to agree and the fact that most of them are full internationals have several promotion seasons under their belt as well as lots of experience in the premiership gives me a lot of comfort! 

1 hour ago, David said:

Position - 3rd
Won - 13
Drew - 5
Lost - 5
For - 38
Against - 21
GD - +17
Points - 44

- Only Wolves have scored more goals than us
- 3 Clubs have conceded fewer goals than us
- We are 3 points behind Cardiff in 2nd and 10 points behind Wolves in 1st
- Vydra is the 2nd top goalscorer in the Championship with 13 goals, 96 minutes per goal
- Carson has kept 12 clean sheets
- Carson's best run of 4 games without conceding is the 3rd best run in the Championship.
- Derby are 1 of 4 clubs yet to receive a red card
- Curtis Davies is whoscored.com 3rd highest rated player in the Championship
- With 2.7 interceptions per game Curtis Davies is 4th in the Championship
- With 8.7 clearances per game Curtis Davis is 3rd in the Championship
- 11 Derby players have scored a goal
- Derby are one of 8 clubs that have not failed to score in back to back games
- Derby have scored the most penalties in the Championship, 5
- 28 goals from open play, only Sheffield United have scored more with 29

Halfway point of the season, few random stats thrown out there, thoughts of the season so far?

Just to highlight what pleases me most.

Without injury problems, I can see this form to continue. Kieftenbeld or his agent made a mistake and that was the key point of our season. Ledley makes players around him better, he is the platform for everything good in our play. Massive fan of his, not only beard and dancing skills.

6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Just to highlight what pleases me most.

Without injury problems, I can see this form to continue. Kieftenbeld or his agent made a mistake and that was the key point of our season. Ledley makes players around him better, he is the platform for everything good in our play. Massive fan of his, not only beard and dancing skills.

Ledley stands in the right places and does the right things - just what we needed

i did see him mis- control the football today though and miss an open goal! So no more of that please.

Archived