23 Down, 23 To Play

Day

I am not walking away from matches thinking that was boring or we were lucky. There is an air of confidence at the matches at the moment. From the crowd waiting for the team to take hold of the game rather than getting more and more nervous the longer we don't score. The team are working for each other. The tracking back when we haven't got the ball is unbelievable. The quality our forwards have ensures we are going to take our chances.

I still feel there is more to come from this team. It won't be luck either it will be the extra quality this team has and hard work.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always had faith in GR, and anyone at any point crying for the return of Ince and Hughes and trying to make a case for possession = entertainment frankly made me angry.

I am a bit surprised how quickly the results and consistancy have come.
But i also remember thinking in 2006 or whenever it was, that as long as you defend well, its east to nick the odd goal in games and have a successful season that way.

For sometime now, ive been keeping an eye on the teams around us, their form, their performances etc.

And I firmly believe Cardiff are the only team in the top 4 whose injuries and lack of squad depth is starting to hurt them.

Same has happened to Villa a little bit so they wont be able to keep pace with Wolves, Bristol City and Derby.

Those 3 will finish top 3 for me, Wolves have to much of a lead to be caught, I just hope its us and not Brizzle who can get the automatic.

Also history tells us, that its usually just one team from outside the top 6 who have a significantly better 2nd half of the season to gatecrash the playoffs. Last year it was Fulham. Dont know who might get 6th this year, but Id wager a bet that the current top 5 will finish in the top 6.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

And we have played the best of the rest at home
Wolves, Villa, preston....

Erm... your point is?!

I think he has a good point.

Most of our nearest challengers have all got to come to PP for the 6 pointers.

I know things can change, but the current top 7 teams remaining fixtures against each other is interesting 6 pointers..Wolves have all 6 teams below them to play (4 away), Cardiff 6 to play 4 away, Rams 6 to play 3 away, Bristol 5 to play 3 away, Villa 6 to play and only 1 away, Leeds 5 to play 3 away and Sheff utd 6 to play 3 of them away. My point is with Villa having Wolves, Cardiff, Derby, Bristol and Leeds all to play at home and only lost one at home will give them chance to claw back on the teams above them.. Cardiff still to lose at home only have Wolves and Bristol to play at their place. Looking at the table, i think only M'boro with their strong squad could gate crash the promotion mix. Happy with our first 23 matches, just hope form continues and we don't lose any key players to transfers or injuries.

Archived