Surprised or not surprised

archied

29 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Maybe because I know more about it than you By the way what's your evidence that he didn't 

I don't know whether he did or didn't so no evidence. Over to you for yours or is it just an opinion which means it's not "quite clear".

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

surprised we needed another thread

On Rams talk too isnt this Football talk. Not that the Rams dont play football of course.

1 hour ago, Mistaram said:

Bit harsh Sage to blame transfers on him when its quite clear Mel and Sam were signing the players and giving them to him to try and make a team He would accept that because that's how it works at the clubs where he had been at 

He inherited some signings that he 'nodded through' ie Weimann Bent and Ince but Blackman Camara Johnson and Butterfield were down to him. 

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I seem to remember mel stating that three signings were clements personal choice.

my assumption would be blackman, olsson and camara.

Those 3 certainly. Johnson and Butterfield were a Rush and Clement combo. 

57 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I think irrespective of our league position at the time when he was sacked he was taking the club in the wrong direction. I agreed with the sacking and also had he stayed longer he could have taken the club further in the wrong direction. 

Would you agree with sacking GR if we have a bad run of games then?

Interesting how we attribute the ‘bad’ signings to clement, and ones like Ince who we made a big profit on, and Weinman are now not his.  Wonder how many had Vydra as a bad signing up until recently, or think that Wisdom is 4 odd million wasted when we are up against FFP.

Also not surprised that suddenly fans are saying that it was the results that got him sacked, probably the same ones that was saying it wasn’t the Derby way or his boring football.

Look, let's be evidence-based about this: He inherited a side that was pretty handy. We carried on winning for a while but as time went by, we started to be very boring; I remember falling asleep on Boxing Day whilst at home V Fulham and 2-0 up; we were dire and down to 5th...the trajectory was clear...downwards. Many slated MM and started saying "MM=Micro-management" but I was bloody relieved. It was like watching paint dry only without the excitement of it actually noticeably drying. :mellow:

It's certainly no surprise ...I heard on the Radio a recent  survey showed his support level amongst Swansea fans was 0%.  !

I'm kinda glad too. He looked the part, talked the part, had the CV...he really looked bloody amazing on paper and on t.v.  I feared we had acted too soon...but looks like he's the Emperor's New Clothes and we have the real deal.

11 hours ago, sage said:

He inherited some signings that he 'nodded through' ie Weimann Bent and Ince but Blackman Camara Johnson and Butterfield were down to him. 

Well he spent his career at Chelsea and Real Madrid before he came to Derby do you seriously think he had seen those players play Do you think he said to Sam Rush go and get me Jacob Butterfield for £4 million get real 

He seems like a decent bloke, doing as well as could be expected with swansea.

i assumed that they appointed him, expecting to go down and looking to him to get them back up.

but he saved them. 

Selling their two best players late in the summer made it an impossible job.

56 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Well he spent his career at Chelsea and Real Madrid before he came to Derby do you seriously think he had seen those players play Do you think he said to Sam Rush go and get me Jacob Butterfield for £4 million get real 

That's rather narrow minded - Remember at the time we had a depleted midfield and it was deadline day so prices are always going to be inflated.

Also it's not as if we could bring in incredibly high quality players from either of those teams - unless you count mascarell in which case you are mental

13 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Maybe because I know more about it than you By the way what's your evidence that he didn't 

Mel has never chose the players.only the small minded think thats the case.we have and have had for a wile now a team of people in charge of recruitment that identify players based on the need of what the manager thinks we need to complete his objectives.that list of players are handed to manager and it is his choice who he wants.thats how it worked under mc and clement and believe it or not also pearson.it has only now changed under rowerrt.

6 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

That's rather narrow minded - Remember at the time we had a depleted midfield and it was deadline day so prices are always going to be inflated.

Also it's not as if we could bring in incredibly high quality players from either of those teams - unless you count mascarell in which case you are mental

We are not discussing the merit of the players brought in you are spot on prices are always going to be inflated on transfer day If you think spending £12million onBJ and Butters is OK that's your opinion But the discussion as about did Clement ask for and sanctions the signing I say he didn't others say he did that's not a problem that's what the forum is for surely

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

We are not discussing the merit of the players brought in you are spot on prices are always going to be inflated on transfer day If you think spending £12million onBJ and Butters is OK that's your opinion But the discussion as about did Clement ask for and sanctions the signing I say he didn't others say he did that's not a problem that's what the forum is for surely

Again i can assure you he may not of asked for those players however he asked for a certain type of player and he choose of that list given.the money men did yhe rest on bringing those players to the club.mel and sam had no part in it apart from stumping up the money to make it happen

Archived