January Transfer Window

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

I entered AM, by which I DID NOT mean Vydra's role, but someone who can win the ball and speed up the transition from defence to attack a la Steve Gerrard/Frank Lampard of old.

8 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Ditto

I have just included a number 10/behind the striker option to remove any confusion :) 

I put cm, rw and lw. But only one player that can play rw either/or lw, so only the 2 players in. But it also depends on outgoings. Also thinking about it Mason Bennett, if he can make the step and play a significant role as a lw/rw then I would be happy with just the one signing, a cm that can carry the ball and get forward and help the attackers.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I want someone quality who can play the opposite position to Lawrence.

None of this 3 million on Blackman here or 2 million on Weimann there.

1 player who you would class as one of the best in the championship for a decent fee..I honestly think 1 player would change us from top 6 to top 2.

Agree just getting that right player 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I want someone quality who can play the opposite position to Lawrence.

None of this 3 million on Blackman here or 2 million on Weimann there.

1 player who you would class as one of the best in the championship for a decent fee..I honestly think 1 player would change us from top 6 to top 2.

I agree that just one player, providing he's top quality (at least at Championship level) would make a significant improvement on making us a much more mobile team. We are solid enough at the back and have good attacking players but currently miss a player to link the two and capable of doing it at speed - speed of thought as much as being actually quick over the ground.

Whether this one addition would be at the expense of one of the DMs' or the loss of a wide player I'm not sure - possibly play 2 DMs'  away and one wide man and vice versa at home - I think currently playing Huddlestones and Ledley at home is restricting our attacking threat too much.

2 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

I entered AM, by which I DID NOT mean Vydra's role, but someone who can win the ball and speed up the transition from defence to attack a la Steve Gerrard/Frank Lampard of old.

I'd go with this.  Just someone who can get the ball out of his feet and take a man on.  You have that, and teams can't fill the space in front of us, and have to break their shape to go to the man on the ball, opening up space for others...

We have no midfield. The midfield has been decimated, but that was GR's choice.

therefore if i was chairman i wouldn't give him money to chase after what he just gave away.

he's made his bed.

Archived