Performance of the season (ranked best to worst)

admira

I took these scores from the poll on each prediction thread that asks about our previous performance.

These are listed below and sorted by the most popular choice for points out of 10, then the % that gave that score.

The lowest ranked win was the victory against Sheffield Wednesday.

The draw at Brentford is ranked lower than the defeats against Ipswich and Barnsley (cup). I was at Brentford and we were shocking.

Not surprisingly, the defeats by more than one goal all come out worst.

I couldn't find a poll about the Bolton performance.

8   47.89  Middlesbrough (A) W3-0   

8   45.07  Norwich (A) W2-1

8   40.13  Hull (H) W5-0

7   59.28  Preston (H) W1-0

7   53.90  Forest (H) W2-0

7   50.36  Leeds (A) W2-1    

7   44.53  QPR (H) W2-0   

6   51.50  Sunderland (A) D1-1 

6   47.17  Grimsby CUP (A) W1-0

6   44.72  Sheffield Wednesday (H) W2-0

6   43.08  Fulham (A) D1-1

6   38.35  Barnsley CUP (A) L2-3

6   37.80  Cardiff (A) D0-0

5   41.38  Birmingham (H) D1-1

5   32.65  Ipswich (H) L0-1   

5   25.69  Brentford (A) D1-1

4   32.29  Wolves (H) L0-2

4   31.97  Reading (H) L2-4

4   28.19  Sheffield United (A) L1-3

4   27.52  Bristol City (A) L1-4

Unknown Bolton (A) W2-1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, cannable said:

Did a lot of people who voted Ipswich a ‘5’ not attend by any chance? 

Too high or too low? It was certainly far better than the brum performance which was also rated 5.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

You think it should be lower?

I was there and gave us a 7. We battered them (as we do every season).

Great quote by Dull Muck McCarthy:

"They should have given me the manager's job here a long time ago, I've got a better record here than I have at Portman Road!"

It kinda brings in the arguments of what you value more. Performance or results.

Brentford imo was one of the worst games in recent memory. Boring, negative, abysmal composure, very little skill. 

I think the performance v Ipswich gets you more points over a season than the Brentford one. We don't miss those chances if we get them all season long. Yet perform like we did at Brentford and we don't keep picking up points 

2 hours ago, admira said:

I was there and gave us a 7. We battered them (as we do every season).

Great quote by Dull Muck McCarthy:

"They should have given me the manager's job here a long time ago, I've got a better record here than I have at Portman Road!"

We were good in spells in the second half, however we definitely didn’t batter them.  

Maybe MM was referring to how easy it was to get a result here.

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

It kinda brings in the arguments of what you value more. Performance or results.

Brentford imo was one of the worst games in recent memory. Boring, negative, abysmal composure, very little skill. 

I think the performance v Ipswich gets you more points over a season than the Brentford one. We don't miss those chances if we get them all season long. Yet perform like we did at Brentford and we don't keep picking up points 

Aye that Brentford one was miserable. Quite good fun with all the player aggro and handbags before half time though.

And yet whilst it was dour, it was part of the journey to make us tougher and difficult to beat. We'd have lost that game in previous seasons (unless we had met them in one of our purple patches that lasted a few matches before one defeat would sap all confidence from the squad).

Don't understand the method, but the ranking is about right.

grimsby and sunderland performances are a bit overrated

Sobering to realise that the second best home performance is a 1-0 win v Preston

Archived