Top 6

dcfcfan1

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

Yep the reverse is true as well, this is due to the number of managers we have had, each adding a couple of players to fit their system .

just give GR time

And he will get it...

If I'm being honest however,I've seen no overall improvement in our gameplay or performance since gr took over last season....this is despite the time he has already had and the changes that he has made.

Yes,we have had wins but I really can't say that I've seen a system of play developing or better performances....

We are essentially back where we started but without several key talents in the team that were sold on and replaced with poorer players.

So,yes he will have time but I'm far from convinced we are moving forwards.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Why does he need a couple of windows to get it right? There was enough quality at the club before he came to be easily in the top 6 if managed right, he sold (IMO) the best players and 5 of the 11 who stared yesterday was ones that he brought in.

Wolves, Cardiff, Boro, villa all have managers in their  first full season, why does it have to be ours that has to have so many windows before getting it right?

Is that the same Cardiff where Neil Warnock has been manager since October last year?

15 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I still think that we are lacking something, yesterday’s defeat was not due to a lack of effort, it was due to not having the right people for the system. GR will needs a couple of windows to get that right 

If you don't have the right people for a system then you are stupid using it.

Isn't being a manager about getting the best out of the resources available to you? 

We have already seen numerous times that Huddlestone/Johnson together in the middle together does not work. Really struggling to understand why GR went back to it again, especially given his pre match comment that the impetus was on us to play attacking football at home.

25 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Yes, your point?

My point? Warnock has been manager for almost a full season, is that why you added the full? Warnock has had 2 transfer windows before Cardiff have looked like promotion contenders. Not exactly a fair comparison. 

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

My point? Warnock has been manager for almost a full season, is that why you added the full? Warnock has had 2 transfer windows before Cardiff have looked like promotion contenders. Not exactly a fair comparison. 

In your opinion it’s not, I would say it is and highlights how a good manager can transform a regulation team into a promotion fighting one in his first FULL season.  

If you really want to be pedantic feel free, but it still doesn’t get away from the point that other managers also haven’t had the luxury of transfer windows to shape their team.

48 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

In your opinion it’s not, I would say it is and highlights how a good manager can transform a regulation team into a promotion fighting one in his first FULL season.  

If you really want to be pedantic feel free, but it still doesn’t get away from the point that other managers also haven’t had the luxury of transfer windows to shape their team.

Neil Warnock had 35 games last season in charge of Cardiff, Rowett had 9. If they were a regulation team it would be down to him, the same way that we were challenging for the play offs around xmas last season because of Mac, not Pearson or Clement or Wassall. 

Yes other teams have had a better start than us, and have had a better transfer window than us. I am far from happy with the team but I felt using Cardiff as an example was incorrect. Same as Villa and Steve Bruce actually who had the same number of games as Warnock.

You mention Boro and yet they are only one point ahead of us, they started with a team that was in the prem last year, if their manager had such a big influence on them why are the only 1 point ahead, and we have a game in hand on them? Same as Villa, such a good manager and transfer window yet are 1 point ahead and we have a game in hand? :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Neil Warnock had 35 games last season in charge of Cardiff, Rowett had 9. If they were a regulation team it would be down to him, the same way that we were challenging for the play offs around xmas last season because of Mac, not Pearson or Clement or Wassall. 

Yes other teams have had a better start than us, and have had a better transfer window than us. I am far from happy with the team but I felt using Cardiff as an example was incorrect. Same as Villa and Steve Bruce actually who had the same number of games as Warnock.

You mention Boro and yet they are only one point ahead of us, they started with a team that was in the prem last year, if their manager had such a big influence on them why are the only 1 point ahead, and we have a game in hand on them? Same as Villa, such a good manager and transfer window yet are 1 point ahead and we have a game in hand? :thumbsup:

I think you are missing my original point, based upon results to date Rowett imo is almost meeting the requirements he needs to, I can moan all I want about performances but it’s a result based business.

What I said was that a lack of transfer windows should not be used as an excuse for him failing this season, as others are also in their first full season, personally top 6 in this league with the resources he has for me should be easily achievable.

Boro is an Interesting one, maybe comparing them against the other promoted teams is an indication of how well he is doing, however I must admit I don’t follow them that closely, so once again looking at results he appears to be doing what has been asked of him.

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Didn't we have ambition (I'd almost say expectation!) to get automatic before a ball was kicked this season? Or did that just evaporate when Hughes and Ince were sold? 

Yep we all just assumed that because we are the might Derby County we would just jump straight from 9th to top 2.

Archived