Top 6

dcfcfan1

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

It may have been a slight exaggeration - on both counts - But it really was dreadful against Brentford

But our attack wasn’t dreadful on Saturday. We scored 2 goals, both strikers who’ve not scored yet this season. Most of the time 2 goals at home would get you a result, even if it’s a fairly uninspiring draw. 

Anyone can score an anomalous consolation goal in a rout. But scoring two goals in a half gives me faith that our attack does know what it’s doing. And that’s with playing our second choice pairing really. It just took a poor half to sort itself out. 

Si the defence was the real issue. But over the course of the season the defence has had enough good games to declare that one an exception to the rule. 

The really concerning thing is how badly the defence fell apart without Keogh. Hopefully he’ll be back after the break, but we can’t gave them falling apart like that if it happens again. 

From the manager right through the team, no one really had a good day at the office. But I don’t think it was quite the armeggedon some are making out. I think those two goals scored were important. Without martin’s I’d be a lot more depressed. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived