QPR FFP Fine

needles

Just had a look at their forum, they are not happy and think it's all wrong they have highlighted that other clubs, us included have spent big. They don't seem to be able to accept that they broke the rules and gained an advantage, pumping in £60m to meet FFP was never going to work. 

I like the point made my their ( I think CEO) they cannot put us in a transfer embargo situation as is not in the rules. 

Umm so rules do matter then, sorry pay up QPR and anyone else who breaks the rules ( and that would include us if we go beyond FFP)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Just had a look at their forum, they are not happy and think it's all wrong they have highlighted that other clubs, us included have spent big. They don't seem to be able to accept that they broke the rules and gained an advantage, pumping in £60m to meet FFP was never going to work. 

I like the point made my their ( I think CEO) they cannot put us in a transfer embargo situation as is not in the rules. 

Umm so rules do matter then, sorry pay up QPR and anyone else who breaks the rules ( and that would include us if we go beyond FFP)

I like the idea of transfer embargo for them "the league decided that they'd do it anyway, after all, who cares about rules"

31 minutes ago, David said:

Any mention of where this fine money will end up? EFL Xmas party or split between the clubs that were competing with QPR that season. 

At the time I thought the idea was that the money be split between the other clubs...but I've got a vague recollection that there was a successful legal challenge to that. Or summat.

So if Bournemouth and Leicester or already in breech, has anyone been promoted recently without breaching FFP. It’s getting like cycling during Armstrong’s time. You’ve got to cheat just to keep up with the other cheaters. There should be some way to punish people as it’s happening. Maybe you’ve got to submit your accounts as soon as you’re promoted, and if you run foul of ffp, you don’t get promoted. 

2 hours ago, David said:

Any mention of where this fine money will end up? EFL Xmas party or split between the clubs that were competing with QPR that season. 

I believe it will be given charity 

the sarcastic part of me believes it will be in Shepherd’s Bush !

The locals are not happy.. Oh the injustice of it all. Many a resigned to a season or two in League 1. Mind you some of my best days supporting DCFC were when we went down to the 3rd tier. 

I'm just loving how unjust this is.. Gotta go, more tears to clear up.

5 hours ago, David said:

Strippers

On 24/10/2017 at 19:11, TigerTedd said:

I genuinely hated them during that period, whether we lost to them or not in the final. They became among my most despised clubs and will probably remain there forever more, the play off final just cemented. It genuinely pissed me off how badly they were flaunting the ffp rules, and it gave me no end of glee that they didn’t go up automatically, it kissed me off that they managed to squeeze up through the play offs (even more so as it was at our expense) and then it gave me no end of glee that they did so crap in the premier league. It still gives me glee that they’ve never really recovered, and I’m beside myself with glee that they might actually get the fine which will totally f*** them up. 

The funny thing is, they didn’t actually prosper by breaking the rules anyway, one season in the prem, then back in the daldrums, and they’re being f****** with a big fine on top if all their other woes. Cheaters really don’t prosper. 

This ?

My son was 5yr old, it was his first time a season ticket holder the best football by Derby for years, his first time (only time to date) at Wembley, the car breaks down on the way, we get to Wembley with 15 mins to kick off, so no time to show him around, it rains and carries on raining, then that bloody goal...., at 5yr old my lad says “dad I hate Wembley” ??? I have despised QPR ever since, more coz they ruined my lads day, but especially coz they cheated doing it 

9 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I do find it funny that everyone who’s cheated in this way has managed to get promoted. Except 2. One of which being Forest. Even through cheating, they couldn’t manage it. 

Archived