QPR FFP Fine

needles

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lesta owners think they are a Premier league power house.

They are deluded, based on their league win.... they honestly think the likes of Ancelotti will come to them.

The sooner they are relegated the better, and the fines set in. Their ownership clearly has delussion on a huge scale.

On the other hand, if I were a multi-gazillionaire, why shouldn't I be allowed to give Derby County a hundred million or so if I want to? That's give, not lend.

All that FFP does is allow a few so-called top Premiership clubs to distance themselves further and further from everyone else and thus eventually ensuring a de-facto closed shop at the very top of the pyramid.

Different ways of looking at this one and I don't think they're mutually exclusive. 

For starters I don't like FFP. I understand there are problems with clubs going under when super rich owners decide they've lost enough money and pull the plug and something has to be done about that. On the other hand, by tying it to revenue streams it only makes keeps the status quo - big clubs stay big and small clubs stay small.

On the other hand the rules are in place and QPR knowingly broke them so they should be punished for that. You can't break the rules just because you think you can get away with it or you think they're rubbish rules. Mel understands this, hence our cutting back on wages and transfers. 

From a purely practical standpoint it makes no sense to fine QPR so much money. Given that FFP is meant to keep clubs in business why give them a fine so large that they will inevitably have to go into administration or liquidation. And you can't let the owners pay it off because that's what the rules were trying to avoid in the first place. A points deduction/transfer ban makes much more sense. Plus Forest and Blackburn have been punished for it in the past so they'd be complaining if QPR got away scott free.

However, as it's QPR and they took such glee for that play-off season here they flaunted the rules ,laughing and smiling as they did it, at our expense, I say f*** 'em. Give them the fine and watch them tumble down the league. I'll laugh and smile like they did as they go.

Why has it taken so long?

if promotion is worth £100m and the fine is £50m then is that a deterrent?

finally....how are man city and co compliant?

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I thought it was all about League clubs and not PL clubs. Thought the only FFP in the PL was to do with europe?

The fine isn’t meant to kill them off. It’s meant to be reasonably small compared to the gains of being promoted. If they’d have just kept that to one side on the assumption they’d have to pay it at some point, they’d probably be okay. They would’ve had plenty of money to pay it while they were in the premier league.

instead they gambled that their appeal would work, and doesn’t the money on trying to stay in the premier league instead.

that back fired big time. The appeals dragged on so long, that all the money’s dried up. Now the huge fine that was meant to be relatively easy to pay will cause a massive problem.

if I was the regulator here I’d be like, ‘yes, this is suppose to stop clubs getting in trouble, but if they’d have played by the rules it would’ve been fine, and even if they’d have justs oayed the fine at the right time, they would’ve been fine. But now they’ve really only got themselves to blame, so we’ve got to do this to show other that dragging it out through appeals really doesn’t help.’

7 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

On the other hand, if I were a multi-gazillionaire, why shouldn't I be allowed to give Derby County a hundred million or so if I want to? That's give, not lend.

All that FFP does is allow a few so-called top Premiership clubs to distance themselves further and further from everyone else and thus eventually ensuring a de-facto closed shop at the very top of the pyramid.

You can  I believe. Iirc we did that in last set of accounts. Mel wrote off about 20m as an exceptional item. 

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Man City were not promoted from the Championship so different FFP rules, also the champions league stopped them buying if I remember correctly like they did with PSG.different rules different punishment.

Im hoping that anyone who gets promoted after breaking the FFP rules, Fester, Bournemouth etc get the fine when they are relegated. Rules are rules 

30 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The fine isn’t meant to kill them off. It’s meant to be reasonably small compared to the gains of being promoted. If they’d have just kept that to one side on the assumption they’d have to pay it at some point, they’d probably be okay. They would’ve had plenty of money to pay it while they were in the premier league.

instead they gambled that their appeal would work, and doesn’t the money on trying to stay in the premier league instead.

that back fired big time. The appeals dragged on so long, that all the money’s dried up. Now the huge fine that was meant to be relatively easy to pay will cause a massive problem.

if I was the regulator here I’d be like, ‘yes, this is suppose to stop clubs getting in trouble, but if they’d have played by the rules it would’ve been fine, and even if they’d have justs oayed the fine at the right time, they would’ve been fine. But now they’ve really only got themselves to blame, so we’ve got to do this to show other that dragging it out through appeals really doesn’t help.’

I would expect a prudent club to provide for such an obligation in their accounts

They knew the rules especially when they were relegated to the championship and they said we don’t care we will sign another 10 players for ££££ on huge wages - they broke the rules and deliberately so and their punishment should be severe 

bournmouth and Leicester should be done as well.

failure to do so leads all other clubs to take legal action against the EFL or even the rule breakers 

lets bare in mind that QPR are still receiving parachute payments and are still profiting from breaking the rules that others play by.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I seem to recall a story about Leicester dodging a load of problems by going sort of bust then reforming to avoid a bunch of problems but apparently got away with no sanctions whatsoever.

They did it at a time when a few clubs did the same because they saw a loophole.

I seem to remember the EFL brought in rules, with massive point deductions for anyone going into administration the very year after Leicester did it. Think Pompey and Leeds might have fallen foul of these, while Leicester got away with it.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The FFP investigation in 2013/14 promotion season is a different case intirely to the one i was referring to in the first post (which i think was when they went down to league 1 with a reocrd points total under Holloway)

11 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

Surely any FFP regulations voted in by the EFL members should be to protect EFL clubs. They shouldnt be worrying about how to compete with those Champions league football regulars, who arent even in the same division. If a time comes when half of the Championship has been in the PL recently, and wants to spend crazy money to get back there, then the FFP rules will be so lenieant or cease to exist.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I seem to recall a story about Leicester dodging a load of problems by going sort of bust then reforming to avoid a bunch of problems but apparently got away with no sanctions whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

They did it at a time when a few clubs did the same because they saw a loophole.

I seem to remember the EFL brought in rules, with massive point deductions for anyone going into administration the very year after Leicester did it. Think Pompey and Leeds might have fallen foul of these, while Leicester got away with it.

Yeah it was leicester that did it. Went into administration. got away with paying peanuts for their ground as their debts were reduced to 10p in the pound, i am sure one of the companies involved with the ground had to write off millions as a result.

Then they got promoted in the same season.

Last season after they had won the PL they were boasting of profits of 25 million, i dare bet those poor people who lost busineses or jobs as a result of their actions felt a bit sick when they saw that.

Archived