QPR FFP Fine

needles

10 minutes ago, Spanish said:

have a read at one of the QPR fans forums, not a bad way to waste a few mins:ph34r:

Ahh bless. Love the one that goes "pass the cyanide capsule, Tony". Good old schadenfreude. As long as there's somebody else worse off than us..."Oh Bobby Zam-or-a , Oh Bobby Zam-or-a Oh Bobby Zam-or-a , Oh Bobby Zam-or-a, Oh Bobby Zam-or-a , Oh Bobby Zam-or-a, Oh Bobby Zam-or-a , Oh Bobby Zam-or-a..............." :mellow:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Should have been measures in place in the first place to stop them breaking the rules to be promoted. 

by their nature this is always retrospective, cheats never prosper, unless of course there is some cockney deal when it goes to arbitration

Having had a quick peep at their forum...

How come they are so confident that this will drag out another 2 years? 

They are saying that they didn’t gain any advantage as they were promptly relegated so should have leniency. Can that be right? 

I’m confused and also annoyed, why should clubs be able to disregard the ffp rules and keep appealing it to death until it’s meaningless, they’ve already dragged themselves out of the s**** (so the fans say) 

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Having had a quick peep at their forum...

How come they are so confident that this will drag out another 2 years? 

They are saying that they didn’t gain any advantage as they were promptly relegated so should have leniency. Can that be right? 

I’m confused and also annoyed, why should clubs be able to disregard the ffp rules and keep appealing it to death until it’s meaningless, they’ve already dragged themselves out of the s**** (so the fans say) 

It's Great British justice. Where there's money, there's justice. If you can't afford justice, woe is you...:mellow:

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It's Great British justice. Where there's money, there's justice. If you can't afford justice, woe is you...:mellow:

They’re saying what’s the point in issuing a fine if you have no money. Now this I can see the thinking behind, but what’s the point in punishing someone for a killing, it’s not going to bring them back is it? That’s some very odd logic. 

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

It’s quite interesting how they feel themselves to be persecuted. ‘Just because it’s QPR’ they say. This baffles me also. Wish I’d never started reading it. 

I do find their complete inability to understand why they are in this situation somewhat baffling, but I also understand the frustration of seeing the rules relaxed and other teams 'get away with it' in their eyes.

Good, they deserve it. This is nothing to do with them beating us in the play-offs. It's good because finally FFP is looking like it has some backbone and consequences for those who ignore it. We've spent a lot but always within our means, hence why we've always passed the FFP regulations.

They're already comfortably a bottom-half Championship side. This will inevitably relegate them sooner rather than later, perhaps even more than once.

If the FFP rules exist then they have to be enforced. I've seen comments on here and elsewhere from other fans that us or their clubs should just spend what they like as if you go up there is no detrimental impact on your club. Now there is.

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Good, they deserve it. This is nothing to do with them beating us in the play-offs. It's good because finally FFP is looking like it has some backbone and consequences for those who ignore it. We've spent a lot but always within our means, hence why we've always passed the FFP regulations.

They're already comfortably a bottom-half Championship side. This will inevitably relegate them sooner rather than later, perhaps even more than once.

If the FFP rules exist then they have to be enforced. I've seen comments on here and elsewhere from other fans that us or their clubs should just spend what they like as if you go up there is no detrimental impact on your club. Now there is.

I'm glad we are so above bitterness...:mellow:

So do fines count towards FFP losses? If so be getting another one and points deduction.

I thought this had been swept under the carpet to be fair, glad to see the london club standard approach isnt applying here.

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Like I said, it's nothing to do with the play-offs. If we had been promoted automatically or lost in the semi-final against Brighton, I would still hold the same opinion.

I'm not sure why you've put the second bit in bold to demonstrate 'bitterness'? It's a guess of what I believe will happen. I haven't expressed any feelings I would have if it did happen...

21 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Like I said, it's nothing to do with the play-offs. If we had been promoted automatically or lost in the semi-final against Brighton, I would still hold the same opinion.

I'm not sure why you've put the second bit in bold to demonstrate 'bitterness'? It's a guess of what I believe will happen. I haven't expressed any feelings I would have if it did happen...

Just banter really...is it cold down there in Cornwall? :mellow:

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I genuinely hated them during that period, whether we lost to them or not in the final. They became among my most despised clubs and will probably remain there forever more, the play off final just cemented. It genuinely pissed me off how badly they were flaunting the ffp rules, and it gave me no end of glee that they didn’t go up automatically, it kissed me off that they managed to squeeze up through the play offs (even more so as it was at our expense) and then it gave me no end of glee that they did so crap in the premier league. It still gives me glee that they’ve never really recovered, and I’m beside myself with glee that they might actually get the fine which will totally f*** them up. 

The funny thing is, they didn’t actually prosper by breaking the rules anyway, one season in the prem, then back in the daldrums, and they’re being f****** with a big fine on top if all their other woes. Cheaters really don’t prosper. 

I don't mind admitting to being bitter about this so I am pleased that justice appears to have caught up with them, albeit belatedly.

What I do find astonishing is that according to the article @Spanish posted, their wage bill in the promotion season was £77 million compared to our £13 million. I didn’t notice the vast difference in skills that the amount of money bought them at Wembley! 

As for their fans feeling hard done to because they are being fined when they have no money, they will have subsequently had premiership fees plus sizeable parachute payments. If the club can't manage that, it is only their own fault. 

I am sure that it is the genuine hardcore supporters that will suffer most but they doubled their average home gate at Wembley. Wonder where all those big-time champagne Charlies are now? 

17 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I genuinely hated them during that period, whether we lost to them or not in the final. They became among my most despised clubs and will probably remain there forever more, the play off final just cemented. It genuinely pissed me off how badly they were flaunting the ffp rules, and it gave me no end of glee that they didn’t go up automatically, it kissed me off that they managed to squeeze up through the play offs (even more so as it was at our expense) and then it gave me no end of glee that they did so crap in the premier league. It still gives me glee that they’ve never really recovered, and I’m beside myself with glee that they might actually get the fine which will totally f*** them up. 

The funny thing is, they didn’t actually prosper by breaking the rules anyway, one season in the prem, then back in the daldrums, and they’re being f****** with a big fine on top if all their other woes. Cheaters really don’t prosper. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't mind admitting to being bitter about this so I am pleased that justice appears to have caught up with them, albeit belatedly.

What I do find astonishing is that according to the article @Spanish posted, their wage bill in the promotion season was £77 million compared to our £13 million. I didn’t notice the vast difference in skills that the amount of money bought them at Wembley! 

As for their fans feeling hard done to because they are being fined when they have no money, they will have subsequently had premiership fees plus sizeable parachute payments. If the club can't manage that, it is only their own fault. 

I am sure that it is the genuine hardcore supporters that will suffer most but they doubled their average home gate at Wembley. Wonder where all those big-time champagne Charlies are now? 

It's important not to over-generalise to All QPR fans but that day my family group was lucky several full cans of cheap lager did not bomb down on our heads as we walked down Wembley way. Post match, we went for a family drink to drown our sorrows only the pub we were at turned into a spaghetti western brawling bar as several QPR fans began fighting amongst themselves...I think it was the lager. Bizarre really...but just think what a great time they must have had in the Premiership, getting beaten week-in and week out...:mellow:

Archived