DIY Jobs that do your head in

Angry Ram

Putting up curtain rails.. Have a nightmare every time, always some steel lintel or something that means I cannot drill into the wall without some sort of industrial drill.  Arghhhhh. :angry:

TVs on walls... Okay do you go by the spirit level and get it perfectly straight, only for it to look wonky because the building is not perfect. Then you end up doing it by eye but it just feels wrong. Always feel TV's on walls in unnatural, too high normally and uncomfortable.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of them. I have been doing DIY since I bought my first home 30 years ago and I'm still no good at it. I am so not good at it that I have decided not to do it any more.

Having said that, I have got an absolute shitload of concrete to get up. All around the house, a great big patio, and the drive, What sort of jackhammer is going to make that magically happen for me?

Never quite understood the tv on the wall thing, even more so when you see them hung above the fireplace leaving you watching Eastenders like 90 minutes of Rowett Pulis football.

There is a reason why TV cabinets are the height they are and not 6ft up. 

Not for me.

As for DIY, avoid it at all costs, the missus wants to replace a kitchen cupboard with a integrated dishwasher, thought we already had one but she wants an electric one. I appear to have the only kitchen cupboard that's rock solid and held together with zero screws.

I'll figure it out one year.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Never quite understood the tv on the wall thing, even more so when you see them hung above the fireplace leaving you watching Eastenders like 90 minutes of Rowett Pulis football.

Not for me.

As for DIY, avoid it at all costs, the missus wants to replace a kitchen cupboard with a integrated dishwasher, thought we already had one but she wants an electric one. I appear to have the only kitchen cupboard that's rock solid and held together with zero screws.

Yup

The DIY job you get 'guilted' into at about 4.40pm on a Sunday afternoon, having spent the rest of the day doing the mother-in-law's garden.

'No, no, it's alright, I understand your tired.I'll try and put up the blind on my own.  You stay their and watch the Dam Busters or whatever it is.'

******Frost*****

****Glare******

1 hour ago, David said:

Not for me.

100% right on the TVs, never in a lounge but wall mounted in bedroom is okay I suppose. @froggg likes a wall mount :lol:

2 hours ago, David said:

Not for me.

Get @mozza round.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Tried asking on here before, all I got was ring a joiner or a kitchen fitter. Some help that was.

If you're deffo having a dish washer, then take the hammer to the cabinet.

Trouble is though, if there's any pipework on the wall behind the existing unit and you won't get the built in washer far enough back.

look behind the hinges of the units either side, it's a secret screwing point into the next unit. (Don't tell anyone though, it's a secret.)

Archived