Has it been a good or bad start to the season.

Curtains

Below average for points and performance. I can't see us in the top 6 this year which is ok as we have a lot of players contracts finishing at the end of the season so can rebuild and reshape the squad.

transfer business has been ok but I feel we've missed a trick with a couple of players, playing it too safe instead of taking a gamble on a couple of young players for little money, Watkins, toral, bogle,Maddison  etc

if we had won at Sheffield United it would have been a good start with probably the right amount of points for the teams we played, sadly that defeat has soured it somewhat.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not think I have seen the Rams for about 4 seasons - but I was passing and went to the Wolves game.

I think it was the worse I had ever seen us. Apart from a decent amount of possession we were toothless and seemed terrified whenever they got the ball or broke.

Having seen that I am pleased with the start of the season so far because that day I did not see how we would beat anyone.

Sheff U sounds like we were a bit unlucky too. Carson and Russell misdemeanours aside could have been a win then 10 out of 15 would be very acceptable.

Ifs and buts I know

3 hours ago, curtains said:

I agree but one of the worries is that we have beaten possibly the worst teams in the League by the odd goal but it is early days though. 

Mel Morris thinks the Club is in the best position for a while and in some aspects I agree but others not as I think the first team has been stronger or do you disagree mate. 

Preston are 7th and have only lost against us so far this season. They have beaten the wendies and Reading and drawn against Leeds and Boro. I don't know how you call them results the worst team in the league. 

If anything that I have noticed is that only Cardiff have shown any consistency so far. That is what we need to be 

Poor start to the season, totally insipid performance away at Sunderland followed by abject drubbing at home to Wolves put us totally on the backfoot. When we looked like we were trying to salvage something with wins against Preston and Bolton we then slipped back down to our previous levels with a totally self inflicted defeat against The Blades. If it were a school report would give Rowett a D+

Results below average. I think with the start we had, 9 points should have been the return we were looking at .

Performances below average. I knew what style of play we would adapt but I hoped for a bit more excitement on the way. Other than flashes from Huddlestone, Weimann, Vydra and Nugent, there's been very little excitement so far.

For those saying GR has increased expectations, surely you are clever enough to set your own expectations?

It is difficult to judge at this stage. People are saying which clubs we should and shouldn't beat based on their performances in previous seasons, but just like us those clubs have had changes in personnel, some for the better, some not so. At this stage last year, who saw Huddersfield as promotion material? I still believe we have a strong squad with good depth and would not be surprised to see us move up the table once the team starts to gel.

However, I have been riding this rollercoaster for too many years to build up expectations, so let's just get behind the team and enjoy the ride.

After only a few games i cant  really see anyone can judge if its been a good start. 10 games and then the question would be relevant in my opinion. That said its not looking brilliant, and we do need to bolster midfield. Not sure if TH was good to get back, he needs to prove himself. need top get the front men fed... we really only have JR who is determined to take people on and we tend to do a lot of passing in midfield but its all huff & puff stuff.IA does have a go but not enough in my opinion. No penetration through the channels and we panic when we are in the box! 

lets revisit again after 10!

I'd say we've made a solid start.

We're nothing more than a midtable team these days, and the results reflect that. We've played three away and only two at home, so avoiding defeat against Hull will keep us ticking over.

It will be interesting come the end of the season to see if we win more games than we lose. We never managed to do it under Nigel Clough, despite his last season in charge being far more promising (performance wise).

Archived