Jeff Hendrick

Derbylad92

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Hendrick was an underrated player for us. Linked midfield with attack. If we could have put Hughes, Thorne and Hendrick together for a season behind Martin, Ward and Ince we would have been promoted. What could have been... 

Hello Abu Dhabi. Hope you are enjoying the heat. Yup I agree with you. 

10 minutes ago, Doodle said:

yet he couldn't hold down a starting place at Derby. It makes you wonder what happens to a player when he puts on a Derby shirt. Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman all excellent till they put our shirt on. 

Johnson has always been hot and cold, it's pretty much what Norwich fans warned us about.

I don't know enough about Butterfields time at Huddersfield other than Boro got rid of him initially and they started to improve, then Huddersfield got rid of him and they went up a couple of seasons afterwards. Which does make you think is he just the type of player who in order to look good the team has to sacrifice a fair bit on the whole.

Blackman was average to awful at pretty much everywhere aside from a 3 month purple patch at Reading that we bought him based on.

None of them were really excellent and overall were just average to very poor signings. Hendrick has really hit his stride at Burnley and in all honesty it was probably more to do with the fact that he was starting to peak as soon as we sold him. Afterall he was excellent in the Euros.

I thought Hendrick was the best of our midfielders at the time (bar Thorne) - he was a bit too inconsistent but far more of an allrounder. May have developed more if he was seen as first choice instead of rotated so much, and I'd certainly have him in now.

2 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Is it me or since Hendrick got sold we have gone down hill massively! We need a new Jeff Hendrick 

Yes we have missed him and he has now established himself as a steady PL player and regular international. So in fairness, it was the right move for Jeff.

40 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Hendrick wasn't underrated at all. He had his good games, but he often went missing during games. Butterfield and Johnson aren't better than him, no, but we need better than all those mentioned.

Hendrick is playing Prem - beating Chelsea away - Butterfield and Johnson  - no clue

12 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Hendrick is playing Prem - beating Chelsea away - Butterfield and Johnson  - no clue

Exactly

Midfield is about balance, we currently don't have it, when we had Hendrick Will Hughes looked a lot better but last season we sold Hendrick and Hughes looked lost with only Butterfield and Johnson to help him, which they didn't in fact if you stretch that a bit then selling Hendrick lost us about £10 milllion in the value of Will Hughes ! 

Archived