Kevin Phillips

JayRam1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G-Ram said:

Only the derby 'fans' would start blaming the backroom staff... who's fault is it next? The physio? Doris the tea lady? 

Get a grip wolves are a better side & will be up there with the summer signings they made 

I agree @G-Ram with both points they are a better side yes, I would go as far as to say they are a "Team" and we are not. 

For me it's still very fractured on the pitch and I'm not a Keogh hater but..... we need a leader on the pitch a rebel rouser and general and to my mind he isn't that man. At 0-1 yesterday there was no inspiration from our on the field leader and at 0-2 well......

GR needs to change the captaincy IMHO. 

I would give it to Tom, Curtis or Andre either of those 3 would lead the side more vigorously than RK. 

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I agree @G-Ram with both points they are a better side yes, I would go as far as to say they are a "Team" and we are not. 

For me it's still very fractured on the pitch and I'm not a Keogh hater but..... we need a leader on the pitch a rebel rouser and general and to my mind he isn't that man. At 0-1 yesterday there was no inspiration from our on the field leader and at 0-2 well......

I would give it to Tom, Curtis or Andre either of those 3 would lead the side more vigorously than RK. 

Are any of those players leaders?

We don't have a side that gees each other up. When we concede we just retreat to the half way line with an air of resignation.

Thats why a Leadbitter or similar would have been a good signing. 

12 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Very bad moment I think it was when either they scored or missed a sitter having sliced us apart and Rowett yelled something followed by Keogh going apechit and yelling back at Rowett ... not sure what was said but it was a low point from a morale standpoint to witness that from the skipper 

How can you be critical of a man that you don't know his role in training behind closed doors? 

Ex striker, must be our attacking coach and that makes sense, I see the connection but both Summerfield and Sale were also forwards, Summerfield converting to a midfielder half way through his playing career (thanks Wiki).

It's possible that Phillips has been demoted to cone and bib duty, brings on the water bottles or advises the players on beard care, who knows?

Yes he's managed to survive a number of managers, he's also only been at the club 2 years, maybe he's a well respected cone man in the footballing world?

If Russell, Weimann, Martin and Nugent are as crap as some say, they also say you can't polish a turd. Which is it, poor players or poor coaching? 

I have my own theory and that is players are constantly trying to adapt to a new managers ideas and tactics, Will Hughes said as much in an interview a few weeks before he left so hardly a theory.

We have 2 jigsaws, one 4-3-3, the other 4-2-3-1, both have missing parts to complete the picture, spin the finger of blame all you like but the only solution to fix all this is a period of stability and given a manager the time to assemble his squad. The last person to be afforded time with his squad was Nigel Clough. 

Might not be pretty or as entertaining as Mac 1 but nor will it be pretty if we're welcoming a new manager and staff 6 months down the line and starting from scratch again. 

This isn't a Paul Jewell type mess that needs fixing but it will need more than one window.

But Kevin Phillips, if he is the root of our attacking problems I will eat my boxer shorts.

16 minutes ago, David said:

But Kevin Phillips, if he is the root of our attacking problems I will eat my boxer shorts

Not a nice thought! The root is the whole team ethos. When other teams go one or two down they ramp up the tempo, start to load the box and generally turn the screw. We saw that loads of time here last year.

What do we do-nothing! Same old slow build up, lazy passes, no movement, no urgency.

Every year I start the season with renewed hope, optimism and enthusiasm. Usually lasts about 5 home games before dejection sets in. I had hoped that GR would turn it round, Improve the fitness, speed things up. My optimism dimmed at Sunderland and went out completely after that pathetic display yesterday. 

I might get some enthusiasm back when the players show some!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Well maybe. 

But he sounded very self deprecating in the recent video interview on his work.

If he's not giving himself credit then why should we? 

I watched that, I didn't take that from it tbh. Think he was just talking about how much of it is hard to teach.

31 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Just to bump this -

We've been obscenely clinical this season. Time to start giving KP some credit?

Yeah I tried to bump this ridiculous thread a few weeks ago (see gif above). Funny how it was his responsibility when we weren’t scoring but now we are everyone’s forgotten who is he. 

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah I tried to bump this ridiculous thread a few weeks ago (see gif above). Funny how it was his responsibility when we weren’t scoring but now we are everyone’s forgotten who is he. 

Exactly.

Second highest goal score's, highest goal scorer in the league with Vydra ,probably the highest goal to chances conversion rate .Second in the league ,latest result 3.0 away from home against a team unbeaten in its last three games.

Whatever KP might or might not be doing. I say keep him their.

Archived