Kevin Phillips

JayRam1

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JayRam1 said:

Our attacking play has gone down rapidly since his arrival. I know you can't blame just him but what is he actually coaching?? That would of been one of my first signing if I was rowett is to replace him!!

Maybe go to training ground and watch him 'coach' the players then you'll (maybe finally) understand one day. 

1 minute ago, JayRam1 said:

No he's not a scapegoat at all! Just saying I don't think he's up to coaching simple as!

Have you EVER seen him 'coaching' the players? 

Attacking starts from the back. Attack from the back, defend from the front.

Is that all Phillips? To create overlaps, underlaps and overload opponents flanks?

Our midfield are static. 2 barely move and the other can't pass. All hold hands and admire their own passes. They love a lazy lay off. 

I don't know what it is about our front 3 that scares our midfield but they won't go near them never mind past them. 

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, DEL said:

Don't ignore my question and I do seen attacking play. 

I am told Phillips  isn't our attacking coach, he's just a coach. Either way it's a surprise he's survived two changes of managers when we clearly aren't getting the best out of our players.

24 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Not sure why the OP is being attacked. 

Since he's been  here our attacking players have got worse. I think it's a fair point to ask why. 

Ince improved and we sold him. We also sold our best attacking midfielder in Will Hughes. The rest of them haven't got any worse than they have been previously - they just don't have any quality players dragging up the average performance of the team now.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Ince improved and we sold him. We also sold our best attacking midfielder in Will Hughes. The rest of them haven't got any worse than they have been previously - they just don't have any quality players dragging up the average performance of the team now.

Did he improve though? His best form was surely during his initial loan spell when he first signed for us.

Archived