Can we have a grammar section?

archied

Can we have a separate grammar section in the way we have transfer talk section? 

That section can be reserved for topics that are totally beyond reproach in terms of grammar, spelling and punctuation that way the more superior forum members can enjoy the full splender of the English language and the rest of us great unwashed can get on with talking about football without this constant sniping about grammar and spelling ,,,,

picking people up on this stuff does not make the poster look classy and educated ,, it just makes them look a bit of a knob,,,

tin hat on but it needs saying 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, archied said:

Can we have a separate grammar section in the way we have transfer talk section? 

That section can be reserved for topics that are totally beyond reproach in terms of grammar, spelling and punctuation that way the more superior forum members can enjoy the full splender of the English language and the rest of us great unwashed can get on with talking about football without this constant sniping about grammar and spelling ,,,,

picking people up on this stuff does not make the poster look classy and educated ,, it just makes them look a bit of a knob,,,

Get that Owd Minor geezer in there.

Did you miss some capitals there?

11 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Get that Owd Minor geezer in there.

Did you miss some capitals there?

Dunna worry mi owd duck e int gorra clue

17 minutes ago, archied said:

Could do with a few full stops in there.

18 minutes ago, archied said:

You spelt 'separate' correctly archie. Well done.

All joking aside ,I treat the forum as if I'm sitting talking football with mates and don't give much of a thought to all that grammar b******* ( wouldn't claim grammar and spelling as a strong point of mine but then it doesn't really interest or impress me ) , always saddens me though to see people who are perhaps not so elequently articulate treated as if they are dumb or inferior ,,,,

yes there are spelling and grammar mistakes above but I'm willing to bet there's not a person that reads it and doesn't understand what's being said

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

So to break it down, we are asking for a new grammar section and nobody on here is good enough to qualify.

Ya gotta love Derby fans.

Not really ,,, just asking for posters to pack in using all the grammar and spelling knitpicking as a tool to hide behind when their opinions are questioned,,,,,,, jeez I didn't even know there was a pub section ,,,,,,, ironic that a topic I've posted is moved to the pub forum given that I gave up drinking the best pat of 25 years ago ,,,,,,,,

Here's the best bit ,,,, as a younger man I  have been banned from many many pubs ,,,,, this is the first time I've ever been banned to the pub?

7 minutes ago, archied said:

Not really ,,, just asking for posters to pack in using all the grammar and spelling knitpicking as a tool to hide behind when their opinions are questioned,,,,,,, jeez I didn't even know there was a pub section ,,,,,,, ironic that a topic I've posted is moved to the pub forum given that I gave up drinking the best pat of 25 years ago ,,,,,,,,

I think your comma key is sticking.

You're welcome.

29 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I think your comma key is sticking.

You're welcome.

Oh that's it ,, pick on the bloke with the stammer

3 hours ago, archied said:

I went to a Secondary Modern School, does this mean I'm excluded from this section and if so can we have a section for fans like me 

Archived