Should Sam Rush be reinstated?

Budgie895

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rammieib said:

To change this bizarre topic, what's the latest on the legal case here? Did Rush start the legal proceedings for unfair dismissal?

My dad asked Steve Nicholson on twitter yesterday and Steve seemed a bit arsey with his response, making it sound like we aren't entitled to know what is happening/has happened 

10 minutes ago, RhodesTheRam said:

My dad asked Steve Nicholson on twitter yesterday and Steve seemed a bit arsey with his response, making it sound like we aren't entitled to know what is happening/has happened 

So responding to someone on Twitter politely is considered arsey? Am I missing something here?

I think we all know it's unlikely that he will be re-instated given the reason stated for his sacking.

There is no doubting that SR got deals over the line but in hindsight  (and the OP is right that not to many moaned about it at the time) it appears they were east to get over the line because we were paying so much over the odds.

I guess then the real question from the OP is should we go back to signing our targets at all costs.

For me the answer to that is simple. No.

7 hours ago, Gypsy Ram said:

So responding to someone on Twitter politely is considered arsey? Am I missing something here?

It's all in the thread responding to his question:

He was probably just annoyed Mr Rhodes just read the headline and didn't click on the link. 

2 hours ago, sage said:

So...do you think our previous 5 or 6 transfer windows were successful?

How many managers have we had in them last 5 or 6 transfer windows...... maybe that's a reason we've been a tad hit and miss in that area perhaps? 

22 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

How many managers have we had in them last 5 or 6 transfer windows...... maybe that's a reason we've been a tad hit and miss in that area perhaps? 

Oh they played their part but as the OP was asking whether Sam Rush should be reappointed re transfers I think it's very fair to point out his (part in the) failings.

That is before we get to the reasons for his sacking.

I don't see how you can even entertain the idea of reinstating Sam Rush without knowing the reasons for the sacking, the wording was pretty strong to suggest it's pretty serious "gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty", you don't come back from those kind of statements.

As for being more successful in landing targets, I guess it is when you're willing to throw a s**** ton of money at clubs, are we as fans not in agreement that we have paid slightly over the odds for a number of players recently?

That's not placing all blame on Sam Rush's free spending, without knowing the full process of how transfer bids are made it's impossible to point that finger of blame.

Clearly things have changed now, is that Rush, a manager with more control over signings or a little thing called FFP? Even if the club were willing to continue those levels of spending we would find ourselves under embargo at some point so there does need to be a let's slow things down a little here and not make this a s**** or bust promotion bid. 

If the reported Lawrence bid was true the club are clearly willing to still spend big, just not roll over and have our belly tickled which it sounds like some do. Seen no end of just pay what Leicester want on social media which is insane but easy when it's not your money.

£7m for a player with a year left on his deal is no bag of peanuts, some would argue the boat has already been pushed out a little too far on that one, I would be inclined to agree as I don't feel comfortable putting too much weight into YouTube videos. 

"The club should move on then"...how do we know they haven't? Just because it's not in the morning tabloid doesn't mean no conversations are taking place and cogs are turning as we type.

Little more patience is needed that's all. 3 weeks still remain of this window.

2 hours ago, David said:

I don't see how you can even entertain the idea of reinstating Sam Rush without knowing the reasons for the sacking, the wording was pretty strong to suggest it's pretty serious "gross misconduct and breach of fiduciary duty", you don't come back from those kind of statements.

As for being more successful in landing targets, I guess it is when you're willing to throw a s**** ton of money at clubs, are we as fans not in agreement that we have paid slightly over the odds for a number of players recently?

That's not placing all blame on Sam Rush's free spending, without knowing the full process of how transfer bids are made it's impossible to point that finger of blame.

Clearly things have changed now, is that Rush, a manager with more control over signings or a little thing called FFP? Even if the club were willing to continue those levels of spending we would find ourselves under embargo at some point so there does need to be a let's slow things down a little here and not make this a s**** or bust promotion bid. 

If the reported Lawrence bid was true the club are clearly willing to still spend big, just not roll over and have our belly tickled which it sounds like some do. Seen no end of just pay what Leicester want on social media which is insane but easy when it's not your money.

£7m for a player with a year left on his deal is no bag of peanuts, some would argue the boat has already been pushed out a little too far on that one, I would be inclined to agree as I don't feel comfortable putting too much weight into YouTube videos. 

"The club should move on then"...how do we know they haven't? Just because it's not in the morning tabloid doesn't mean no conversations are taking place and cogs are turning as we type.

Little more patience is needed that's all. 3 weeks still remain of this window.

What's that? 3 weeks of the transfer window still remaining?

I had assumed our season was already over the way some of the drama queens are reacting.

Archived