Sunderland v Derby County - Match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worrying thing is that this Sunderland team will be bottom half. There's nothing special in that team at all. Some simple movement in the final third is causing us all sorts of problems and to compound matters our creativity and attacking play is second rate.  

We've now seemingly resorted to 30 and 40 yard shots, pretty much just conceding possession. 

Something needs to change, they can only come on to us so long before they notch another.

Would like to see Bennett on and run at them a bit.

I want Nugent on as I think we're playing too long and he links midfield and attacka and scraps well and might grab a goal. Probably for Weimann. Johnny Russell's been a mixture of good and bad but at least he's impacting the game which Weimann isn't.

Oh I see Vydra is coming on who might perform the same role.

Maybe we also need Bryson in midfield for more legs?

Weimenn isn't a footballer, he's a long distance runner who can't kick a football properly. Butterfield is clearly a good footballer but totally shot of confidence and needs a new cub to rebuild his career. Painful watching them.

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

Our throw-ins are much better than last season.  Wisdom making a difference there

Very true. We're sometimes going longer from both sides when around the opposition box. And causing trouble by doing it. It's not rocket science but at least it's happening. Hallelujah!

Archived