Timi Elsnik

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He will be involved I would think.

Only an idiot would watch him play and think he isn't ready for first team action (Nigel Pearson).

He gave Elsnik his professional debut to be completely honest. Pearson is still an idiot though.

6042816681df.jpg

15 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Thought he looked very good when he came on in the cup-and a confident penalty!

Wasn't it penalties? I thought we had that many, he had to take a second one as well.

On what I've seen, this lad definitely deserves his chance. He and Mason look more than ready to step up and it'd be great to blend some ex-academy talent in with the seasoned old pros. For whatever reason, the last few gaffers didn't seem to give the younger lads much of a shot and perhaps that was because they weren't ready. Irrespective, I don't think that's the case now and I'd be surprised if Rowett didn't blood them properly this season. I thought the young lad (can't recall his name) who played at fullback the other day was as good as anyone on the pitch and we've got a few decent your prospects to look forward to now. Much to look forward to, I hope!

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

On what I've seen, this lad definitely deserves his chance. He and Mason look more than ready to step up and it'd be great to blend some ex-academy talent in with the seasoned old pros. For whatever reason, the last few gaffers didn't seem to give the younger lads much of a shot and perhaps that was because they weren't ready. Irrespective, I don't think that's the case now and I'd be surprised if Rowett didn't blood them properly this season. I thought the young lad (can't recall his name) who played at fullback the other day was as good as anyone on the pitch and we've got a few decent your prospects to look forward to now. Much to look forward to, I hope!

Callum MacDonald. 

Great prospect 

Just now, 86 points said:

Absolutely spot on. Mel must be wondering what his investment in the academy was for if it doesn't produce either sellable assets or first team players.

And now we have old pros who are so well seasoned they're positively autumnal :lol:

Just watched the second half and Elsnick had a really composed half. Like the way he moves the ball on the control. Good vision. 1 poor shot when he should have slid our forward in and one hospital ball were the ONLY bad things which sod all over 45 mins. Hope he gets more chances.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but do you think the last few managers have necessarily felt able to blood the youngsters? The recent history is that managers are sacked after a poor run, so why would they take the relative risk of putting in an U23 player rather than a more experienced one? Yes, I'm sure Mel and we would like to see the academy graduates getting their opportunities, but the managers must have all felt the axe over them.

Kinder on the face of it you have a very good point but a few of those managers sacked them selfs and not total for football reason 

31 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but do you think the last few managers have necessarily felt able to blood the youngsters? The recent history is that managers are sacked after a poor run, so why would they take the relative risk of putting in an U23 player rather than a more experienced one? Yes, I'm sure Mel and we would like to see the academy graduates getting their opportunities, but the managers must have all felt the axe over them.

Ever think the U23's are scared to play their natural game when they get promoted to the first team? It's something GR has said about Bennett.

It's probably the same at every club, just the special kids stand out without being afraid to show all their potential, a la Hughes.

Yeah, quite possibly and I'm sure you're right about other clubs. There's been a hell of a lot of expectation in the last few seasons though and that's got to bring pressure with it. Will could cope with it and shine, as did Hendrick (although they both came in before the pressure ramped up). Last player I can remember being so assured and consistent on stepping up was big Tom Huddlestone. 

Archived