Our Strike Force

DCFC1388

I know Vydra didnt have his best season last season but we all know playing off a target man (Deeney) he has been lethal at this level so hopefully he can get that form back playing with Martin. Imo our strike force of Martin Vydra Nugent is absolute quality at this level.

Looking around other teams squads at the minute I cant really see many as good or better than our main 3.

Villa - Kodjia Hogan McCormack

Boro - Gestede Bamford Stuani

Sheff W - Rhodes Fletcher Hooper

They are the only 3 teams I can think of with a similar quality group. Can anyone think of any others better than ours?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all depends on balance. I do think we're in a good position to try two upfront now, as Martin is a creator as well as a goalscorer. 

It allows Blackman & Weimann, providing they aren't sold, to be moved into their best positions when there are injuries and required. 

Ince and Hughes leaving does end our need for attacking wide players and a third man in central midfield. It could, emphasis on the word could, help a few players in the squad have a second chance.  

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So we now have a thread saying we have the best defence in the league and now one saying we have the best forward line.

Sure I've read this all before.

What could possibly go wrong?

No midfield and the forwards and defence all injured ? 

Completely Agee about our strike force. As long as we play someone close to CM . 433 in my opinion would be weak without running midfielders which was the Bryson Hendrick combo.  4231 for me 

I reckon Martin will be a first choice (1) with Vydra or Nugent or Weiman buzzing round him, maybe Blackman too who knows ?

Nuge has enough skill and adaptability to sub for Martin.

Then we get to Midfield .. My gut says Butters and Johnson run in to each other and Johnson and Thorne might have the same problem. Then we have the where does Bryson go and I know he's not everyone's flavour but I like Jamie Hanson. He has bite, pace and quick feet. 

In all honesty can't get my head round our midfield / wide centre set up. This is the key ..... But if GR can find the right mix we will score goals with our front men .. No doubt at all. Top quality in this league. 

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would rather the manager has a look at him playing in his proper position and let him decide from there, don't think I see enough of him to make the call.

What play him as striker? Who will we drop for him then?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will you play Nuge, Martin, Vydra and Blackman then?

I didn't realise Rowett had announced his team yet though to have to drop someone.

Hence why I said I would like the manager to have a look at him in pre season and see if he fits into the plans.

Archived