RoyMac5

2 clubs out of 20 in Premier League are currently away on tour. They are 

AFC Bournemouth (in Marbella)

West Brom (in Austria) 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/07/2017 at 10:40, RoyMac5 said:

Latest GR interview he says " We will make some key signings, have some excellent targets. But as the Prem clubs are away on preseason tours we might have to wait for them to get back to do business."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/rowett-reviews-derbys-week-in-tenerife

Edit: Or we're waiting for players to see whether they're picked up by Prem clubs?

Which confirms the idiocy off shipping Hughes out of the door for peanuts at the very end of the season before everyone's up and running.

44 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Which confirms the idiocy off shipping Hughes out of the door for peanuts at the very end of the season before everyone's up and running.

There was definitely a rush on for some reason

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Where would the money have come from for Lawrence and/or Jota then?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/quite-a-bit-more-business-to-do

Gary Rowett believes Derby County still have ‘quite a bit more business’ to get through in the summer transfer window.

He told RamsTV: “I am really happy with where we are at right now.

“I still think we have quite a bit more business to do in the market; that will be some outs as well as some ins.

“We always wanted to reduce the squad and give some of the other players the opportunity to see whether we do need to strengthen in some areas.

“Certainly, we will make some key signings still. What we have to do with that is remain patient.

“When people see the likes of Will Hughes and Tom Ince go out, they automatically assume that we are going to instantly replace.

“We have some excellent targets and a lot of the Premier League clubs are away on tour, so we might have to wait for one or two of those teams to get back before we can move.”

If he's aiming for Kaiserslauten game, then logically it's going to be a busy two weeks leading up to it.

It sounds like he pretty much knows who he wants.The players clubs must have already been sounded out for their availability. 

Therefore other than haggling over fee's,add-on's and terms the signings  just need rubberstamping.

GR seems to indicate this will be done when he returns from our train camp abroad.

Stand by for some action in and out soon.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/quite-a-bit-more-business-to-do

Gary Rowett believes Derby County still have ‘quite a bit more business’ to get through in the summer transfer window.

He told RamsTV: “I am really happy with where we are at right now.

“I still think we have quite a bit more business to do in the market; that will be some outs as well as some ins.

“We always wanted to reduce the squad and give some of the other players the opportunity to see whether we do need to strengthen in some areas.

“Certainly, we will make some key signings still. What we have to do with that is remain patient.

“When people see the likes of Will Hughes and Tom Ince go out, they automatically assume that we are going to instantly replace.

“We have some excellent targets and a lot of the Premier League clubs are away on tour, so we might have to wait for one or two of those teams to get back before we can move.”

If he's aiming for Kaiserslauten game, then logically it's going to be a busy two weeks leading up to it.

it sounds like GR already got few lines up in places to sign?

36 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

it sounds like GR already got few lines up in places to sign?

Does to me. I imagine he's just waiting for the two clubs to set a fee, but in principle knows that the players are available? That's my assumption, anyway.

Archived