Look on the bright side of life

PastRAMi

Hi all I'm a long time reader and have been quite happy doing just that but thought with all the negativity around the place with recent and expected sales we all needed to look at the positives.

1) we have an owner who cares about the club. A large part of my early years supporting dcfc were under the ownership of the 3 amigos who nearly ran us into the ground sold our best players for nothing and...  (won't continue incase it's gets me into trouble).  Mel has put his money where his mouth is and we are better off as a club on and off the field because of it.

2) we are getting serious cash from these sales to invest back into the squad let's look forward instead of back and be excited who we can bring in 

3) we have a quality squad at this level especially with the return of Martin, Thorne and fozzy. with a few additions there's no reason we can't be challenging for promotion again

4) we have an exciting young manager who I believe understands that the last few years has been disappointing and change is needed let's get behind him.

5) This is our Derby County and it was here a long time before will hughes and Tom Ince. It's going to be here a long time after. Let's wish them luck in their "chance to play in the prem" and carry on you never know what the season holds we might just be seeing them there sooner than they think.

Yes my glass is half full and yes it may all end in tears but as fans let's get behind those players that want to be at dcfc and be excited for change rather than being stale underachievers.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!! 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Bright side of life eh???

Why not,Gritters? I'm as disappointed as you about the sale of Will,though I wouldn't be that upset if Ince left Even if he were to go,we've still got good players,with 2 good additions,and maybe more to come.Why can't we all just wait until the dust has settled on all of this window's transfer activity before getting too down?

7 hours ago, ramblur said:

Why not,Gritters? I'm as disappointed as you about the sale of Will,though I wouldn't be that upset if Ince left Even if he were to go,we've still got good players,with 2 good additions,and maybe more to come.Why can't we all just wait until the dust has settled on all of this window's transfer activity before getting too down?

My post came over a bit wrong. It may have been down to a few glasses of wine I had. I was just looking at a previous quote about George Thorne possibly getting injured was not really the bright side.

Me..... My glass is still half full going into the new season.

I was one who thought a big overhaul of the squad was required. It's just the players that have left (Will Hughes) I didn't expect us to get rid of him to start the ball rolling. 

Anyway you are right we still have some good players and I am raring to get up the A1 on the 4th August. 

Old Order of doom and gloom and to slag the owner, the manager, Kevin Phillips, slag the players, pay a load of your hard earned cash to wander around Derby or wherever on a match day, moan in the pub pre match, go to the game moan all match, drag everyone down in your vicinity and then repeat the process post match in the pub on the train, bus, car, aeroplane home and also spend most of the rest of your life on social media typing all your miserableness to drag everyone else down.

Here have some New Order, enjoy your life, you get only one go at it. Up The Rams, best club on the planet.

clarkeram7

We'll be stronger, a team with Wisdom, Davies, Thorne, Martin and possibly Forsyth is already a stronger one than last year. We're also forgetting that there will be a lot more to come, at least another 3/4. 

People are forgetting that we made our best attempt in recent years without Ince, reaching the play off final and with all Hughes nice touches he didn't offer an awful lot in terms of goals and assists. 

Im actually really excited for a new side!

17 hours ago, PastRAMi said:

Hi all I'm a long time reader and have been quite happy doing just that but thought with all the negativity around the place with recent and expected sales we all needed to look at the positives.

1) we have an owner who cares about the club. A large part of my early years supporting dcfc were under the ownership of the 3 amigos who nearly ran us into the ground sold our best players for nothing and...  (won't continue incase it's gets me into trouble).  Mel has put his money where his mouth is and we are better off as a club on and off the field because of it.

2) we are getting serious cash from these sales to invest back into the squad let's look forward instead of back and be excited who we can bring in 

3) we have a quality squad at this level especially with the return of Martin, Thorne and fozzy. with a few additions there's no reason we can't be challenging for promotion again

4) we have an exciting young manager who I believe understands that the last few years has been disappointing and change is needed let's get behind him.

5) This is our Derby County and it was here a long time before will hughes and Tom Ince. It's going to be here a long time after. Let's wish them luck in their "chance to play in the prem" and carry on you never know what the season holds we might just be seeing them there sooner than they think.

Yes my glass is half full and yes it may all end in tears but as fans let's get behind those players that want to be at dcfc and be excited for change rather than being stale underachievers.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!! 

Good effort mate,the only attitude to have.

If your glass is half empty you may as well pack it in.

I like this attitude ?

Archived