Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

11 minutes ago, mozza said:

Bringing conversation into this thread, sorry for messing up G.o.T. thread. I will experiment in here. @DavidDavid when i try to clear your @david alert it won't let me,  just keeps repeating your name like some lovestruck teenager 

Start from the top, why are you trying to clear my name? Is this when you change your mind about mentioning me?

3 minutes ago, David said:

Start from the top, why are you trying to clear my name? Is this when you change your mind about mentioning me?

it wasn't your name originally it was tiger tedds , tho i cant think why i was trying to clear his name either .

mention my name then try to clear it , can you ?

i,m on pc now tho..

Edited by mozza
added last bit

@mozza I've been able to remove the mention tag, even stop writing half way through and remove it fine.

Is the mention tag in place when you are trying to remove, as in black background, white text?

How are you trying to delete it and what happens?

Are you able to refresh the page, open the editor and see the black bar at the bottom with "Clear Editor", if so what happens when you click that?

@David once in place and ready to go, i can't shift it, bit like the point of no return on a good Saturday night. Clear editor works in a fashion as in it clears text whilst in thread,  if i leave thread then return later text reappears,  not a problem tho,  just thought i'd mention it. I think the problem i was having was once @xyz feature is set up to go,  it is not possible to remove it by clicking 'x', sorted now anyway, thanks, x

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

Occasionally when I go from the last post of a thread back to the section I'm in (instead of the next unread post in that section) the whole of that section gets marked as read.

@David this is happening to me too. Not sure it is always the last post, but a few times today when l have been on the transfer thread a whole section defaults to having been read, when l have only accessed one thread randomly.

32 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

@David this is happening to me too. Not sure it is always the last post, but a few times today when l have been on the transfer thread a whole section defaults to having been read, when l have only accessed one thread randomly.

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

Occasionally when I go from the last post of a thread back to the section I'm in (instead of the next unread post in that section) the whole of that section gets marked as read.

Odd, I'll pass it on to the developers as they are looking at something now already 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @David

Other day I seem to have a issue with the quote (I tried to removed it but it wouldn't let me at the time though) is this same to other members?

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hi @David

Other day I seem to have a issue with the quote (I tried to removed it but it wouldn't let me at the time though) is this same to other members?

Many Thanks

What do you mean didn't let you? 

Have you tried the methods I explained earlier in this topic?

There is also undo/redo buttons in the tool bar, the little arrows

It just wouldn't let me remove the quote at the time not sure why but I tried about 5 times by delete button on my phone maybe that could be it? I'll try another methods I'll have a look then see how it goes. 

Is there a known issue with likes/reputation?

I have a p.o.s. Nokia Lumia Windows phone and I cannot 'like' a post (nothing to do with me having insufferably high standards).

I tap the heart and I get the dropdown ok, but none of them are 'active'.

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

Is there a known issue with likes/reputation?

I have a p.o.s. Nokia Lumia Windows phone and I cannot 'like' a post (nothing to do with me having insufferably high standards).

I tap the heart and I get the dropdown ok, but none of them are 'active'.

First I've heard, so after opening the menu none are clickable?

I do have an bug fix update to install but looks like another will be out early next week so waiting on that. They don't tell you wants included so it's possible something is in that, I will mention you once I've done the update, if it's still the same I'll send a support ticket in. I don't have any access to a Windows phone so there's little I can personally do. 

29 minutes ago, David said:

First I've heard, so after opening the menu none are clickable?

I do have an bug fix update to install but looks like another will be out early next week so waiting on that. They don't tell you wants included so it's possible something is in that, I will mention you once I've done the update, if it's still the same I'll send a support ticket in. I don't have any access to a Windows phone so there's little I can personally do. 

They all appear to be clickable, but the only action is that they all disappear for a fraction of a second, then all come back again. In order to get rid of them, I have to use the back button or use forum navigation (next topic etc).

58 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Don't worry Eddie, just post me your likes from your chosen device when you get home. ;)

I make a special point of doing just that.