Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

Anybody else finding themselves locked out of the forum lately ? 3 times in the last few weeks I've had to wait 14 minutes then try again then I get in no bother.

Not complaining or anything, just genuinely interested to see if this is happening to anyone else. :) 

* Also, anyone noticed the forum running slow tonight ? (26/09/17 @ 17:35)

37 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Anybody else finding themselves locked out of the forum lately ? 3 times in the last few weeks I've had to wait 14 minutes then try again then I get in no bother.

Not complaining or anything, just genuinely interested to see if this is happening to anyone else. :) 

* Also, anyone noticed the forum running slow tonight ? (26/09/17 @ 17:35)

Is this with the same security warnings that we've spoke about before or it simply not accepting your login details?

As for slowness, I did notice it running quite slow this afternoon, might have been between 2/3pm. These things unfortunately just happen. I know they are moving a bunch of servers to a new location, no idea if that is causing blips elsewhere. Not a lot I can do anymore as it's a managed server, I don't have any on/off button to reboot things.

1 minute ago, David said:

Is this with the same security warnings that we've spoke about before or it simply not accepting your login details?

As for slowness, I did notice it running quite slow this afternoon, might have been between 2/3pm. These things unfortunately just happen. I know they are moving a bunch of servers to a new location, no idea if that is causing blips elsewhere. Not a lot I can do anymore as it's a managed server, I don't have any on/off button to reboot things.

Running fine now, I was just a little worried as it's a match night. 

Same security warnings as before though I wanted to keep that secret squirrel, that said, a few times in the last week my log in box thing has been blank and I've had to enter my details even though it's set to remember me so I can just hit the log in button.

As I say, not wingeing, genuinely interested to see if I'm the only one this is happening to. :)

• 4 weeks later...

There is currently an issue where forum topics are not being marked read when they have been. It can take several opening and page refreshes before being cleared.

Server tech team have been alerted as they have been applying some upgrades this morning which may have caused the issues.

Will update when I know more.

49 minutes ago, David said:

There is currently an issue where forum topics are not being marked read when they have been. It can take several opening and page refreshes before being cleared.

Server tech team have been alerted as they have been applying some upgrades this morning which may have caused the issues.

Fixed. 

tumblr_nbehtgYrqt1rbc9h1o1_500_zpstpmw4b7j.gif

5 hours ago, David said:

4 hours ago, David said:

Fixed. 

tumblr_nbehtgYrqt1rbc9h1o1_500_zpstpmw4b7j.gif

So you sent an email ?

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

So you sent an email ?

I sent an email with a suggestion as to what it could be, they confirmed that it was possible, we compared notes, ran a line of code on one of the files to disable a caching method. Hey presto the forum is fixed. 

Taking full credit for my diagnosis of the situation to ensure a speedy fix was put in place. Now back in your tree house :p 

20 minutes ago, David said:

I sent an email with a suggestion as to what it could be, they confirmed that it was possible, we compared notes, ran a line of code on one of the files to disable a caching method. Hey presto the forum is fixed. 

Taking full credit for my diagnosis of the situation to ensure a speedy fix was put in place. Now back in your tree house :p 

Was the email content along the lines of: "Turn it off and back on again"?