Glastonbury - new lows!

WharfedaleRam

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah, it was a long wait though. Why did they plays loads from albums I've never listened too!!

15 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Street Spirit and Fake Plastic Trees were both there.

Thought Fake Plastic Trees was amazing, wish I could have been there. 

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Foo fighters, now that's what you call a headline act not that shower of **** last night. Foo's smashed it.

Never listened to any of their music before but watching them makes me want to download some of there songs

34 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Never listened to any of their music before but watching them makes me want to download some of there songs

1st album as a whole piece is their best imo.

Remarkable that it was released only 2 years post Nirvana and Dave Grohl reinvented himself, and made grunge happier and more melodic.

14 hours ago, StivePesley said:

You mean the disenfranchised bourgeoisie? We no longer own the means of production - but JC gonna fix it!

No not that one. The colloquial carrot stick and hummus chomping one.

He's going to fix the rights for children to make music I gather. Because apparently we live in a world where Theresa May has ensured children don't currently have the right to make music.

I like it how he says there's a message for Donald Trump on the wall. On the wall! The wall Glastonbury has to keep people out! Mans a tool. 

6 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

No not that one. The colloquial carrot stick and hummus chomping one.

He's going to fix the rights for children to make music I gather. Because apparently we live in a world where Theresa May has ensured children don't currently have the right to make music.

I like it how he says there's a message for Donald Trump on the wall. On the wall! The wall Glastonbury has to keep people out! Mans a tool. 

Yes, a wall around a ticketed event in the middle of the country is exactly the same as building an enormous, expensive wall that destroys relationships with its closest neighbour and ecosystems from coast to coast.

Free music lessons for children is a lovely policy, particularly considering that Britain's cultural economy consistently punches above its weight.

Agree that Labour has work to do to reach out to people feeling left behind, but Glastonbury is full of young people working hard towards an indefinite future attracted to someone bothering to offer them something.

33 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

Yes, a wall around a ticketed event in the middle of the country is exactly the same as building an enormous, expensive wall that destroys relationships with its closest neighbour and ecosystems from coast to coast.

Free music lessons for children is a lovely policy, particularly considering that Britain's cultural economy consistently punches above its weight.

Agree that Labour has work to do to reach out to people feeling left behind, but Glastonbury is full of young people working hard towards an indefinite future attracted to someone bothering to offer them something.

Apparently you seem to think consumer rights are more important than citizenship.

Would that be the same neighbouring country that illegal immigrants are coming from? A problem a wall is designed to fix? "Build bridges not walls" it says - on a wall! A wall specifically built to keep the freeloading undesirables out. Build bridges? Ok. Shall we make it easier for illegal immigrants then? 'Security (on zero hour contracts I'm guessing) that mans climbing over our wall! He's trying to get in for free! Stop him! Where were we? Ah yes, boo Trump!'

Ecosytems? I don't know how Trumps wall effects the ecosystems but is Glastonbury good for the environment?

9bjcdk.jpg

He didn't say free music lessons. He said a right to make music, a right that already exists.

Corbyn is offering idealistic and ill considered bunkum. The reason he appeals to young people is because he has never bothered to grow up.

33 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

9bjcdk.jpg

He didn't say free music lessons. He said a right to make music, a right that already exists.

Corbyn is offering idealistic and ill considered bunkum. The reason he appeals to young people is because he has never bothered to grow up.

****** hell, it looks like he needs to offer bin bags.

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

The reason he appeals to young people is because he has never bothered to grow up.

Is that such a bad thing? Imagine if he'd grown up and decided to waste his life making tenuous and futile posts about all walls being the same just because they are walls - regardless of what purpose they serve.

You stick up for Trump while complaining that Corbyn  "is offering idealistic and ill considered bunkum". :huh:

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Apparently you seem to think consumer rights are more important than citizenship.

Would that be the same neighbouring country that illegal immigrants are coming from? A problem a wall is designed to fix? "Build bridges not walls" it says - on a wall! A wall specifically built to keep the freeloading undesirables out. Build bridges? Ok. Shall we make it easier for illegal immigrants then? 'Security (on zero hour contracts I'm guessing) that mans climbing over our wall! He's trying to get in for free! Stop him! Where were we? Ah yes, boo Trump!'

Ecosytems? I don't know how Trumps wall effects the ecosystems but is Glastonbury good for the environment?

9bjcdk.jpg

I'm not going to get into a pedantic debate about why Glastonbury being a temporarily walled, ticketed event (key bit, event) and why building an enormous wall spanning your entire nation are different.

But if you think Trump's completely unfeasible wall is actually to keep 'freeloading undesirables', as opposed to riling up his fans and pissing off his neighbours, I've got a bridge to sell you too. 

I don't think anyone said Glastonbury is environmentally friendly on balance (although  taking a picture at the worst  possible moment is a very easy way to make a cheap point), this is worth a read on the idiotic Trump wall:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mg9eaq/wall-on-mexico-border-would-be-an-ecological-disaster

Archived