What do you really think of Morris?

oldtimeram

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Derby way?

Sack managers constantly? Appoint managers each having a very different football philosophy? Sell academy players? Enter the dressing room? Sack the CEO? Rename the ground to a company with zero credit limit? 

Please enlighten me what it actually is?

I said the idea of what the Derby way should be was good idea/decision, no mention of how it has been implemented, which has not followed what was explained.

You look for any reason to call Mel that you are calling him for a deal that the Americans did.

We don't know why Rush was sacked, so how can we criticise Mel for that, again you just want to call him for any reason. What if Rush had been getting brown envelopes on the side? Would you be still using it as a stick to beat Mel? Probably because he didn't spot it sooner no doubt.

*disclaimer: I am not saying Rush has taken bungs just using it as an example of why he could be sacked.*

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rynny said:

I said the idea of what the Derby way should be was good idea/decision, no mention of how it has been implemented, which has not followed what was explained.

You look for any reason to call Mel that you are calling him for a deal that the Americans did.

We don't know why Rush was sacked, so how can we criticise Mel for that, again you just want to call him for any reason. What if Rush had been getting brown envelopes on the side? Would you be still using it as a stick to beat Mel? Probably because he didn't spot it sooner no doubt.

*disclaimer: I am not saying Rush has taken bungs just using it as an example of why he could be sacked.*

What did I call him on that the Americans did? If Mel wasn't the owner at the time of the Ipro then I retract that point.

Of course it's just one side of an argument but a few weeks ago I was chatting to someone who had a meal wth Rush - he doesn't actually know what he did wrong although I appreciate he probably isn't going to say anything otherwise!

But overall you are right - I simply don't believe Morris has a clue when it comes to football and he will forever be a hire/fire manager. If we are. It top six in six months time I see him firing Rowett and then blaming him for selling Hughes. (Basically it's the Chris Martin fiasco of this season)

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What did I call him on that the Americans did? If Mel wasn't the owner at the time of the Ipro then I retract that point.

Of course it's just one side of an argument but a few weeks ago I was chatting to someone who had a meal wth Rush - he doesn't actually know what he did wrong although I appreciate he probably isn't going to say anything otherwise!

But overall you are right - I simply don't believe Morris has a clue when it comes to football and he will forever be a hire/fire manager. If we are. It top six in six months time I see him firing Rowett and then blaming him for selling Hughes. (Basically it's the Chris Martin fiasco of this season)

Yes it was the Americans over iPro, 18 months before Mel took over.

The only people that know what truly happened is Mel, Sam and the lawyers.

Who knows, he has been in charge for 2 years and he will have been learning as he goes, I just hope that he has learnt from the mistakes that he has made.

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes it was the Americans over iPro, 18 months before Mel took over.

The only people that know what truly happened is Mel, Sam and the lawyers.

Who knows, he has been in charge for 2 years and he will have been learning as he goes, I just hope that he has learnt from the mistakes that he has made.

I certainly hope you are right.. His track record of learning from his mistakes is not great though.

13 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I certainly hope you are right.. His track record of learning from his mistakes is not great though.

This is the season where the club, as a whole, has to step up and show that the last 2-3 years were just a learning curve and we a ready for promotion. We have to get it right on and off the pitch.

So far with transfers incoming I am more than happy but the sale of Hughes was too quick. I know that sounds stupid but I think we could have held off for a couple of weeks amd pushed the price up. Although I would rather have kept him.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

This is the season where the club, as a whole, has to step up and show that the last 2-3 years were just a learning curve and we a ready for promotion. We have to get it right on and off the pitch.

So far with transfers incoming I am more than happy but the sale of Hughes was too quick. I know that sounds stupid but I think we could have held off for a couple of weeks amd pushed the price up. Although I would rather have kept him.

I wonder if they wanted the sale completed prior to 30th June? 

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

His whole change of direction after each appointment. Been well covered on this thread. 

But surely by changing something that does not appear to be working is trying to learn from mistakes? 

Didn't Einstein once say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results?

Maybe once he finds the manager that can implement his vision he will stick with them?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

But surely by changing something that does not appear to be working is trying to learn from mistakes? 

Didn't Einstein once say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results?

Maybe once he finds the manager that can implement his vision he will stick with them?

Yes, but he has not been very successful though, has he? Change process won't be on his CV.

Sometimes the change was the mistake.. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

He swings back and forth between a 'footballing' manager and a 'physical' manager. 

As somebody else said; I wouldn't be surprised if we let Rowett half build a counter-attacking side only to sack and replace him with Stam or Jokanovic. 

Then six months down the line we sack them and bring in Warnock.

He has only pulled the trigger when needed,there has been so much behind the seens stuff that have massively contributed to managers going,the truth may never come out and it shouldn't as much as we all want it to.but dont forget football is a business just like any other,and yet we all expect to know the ins and outs of a dismissal it just wont happen and rarely does in any other walk of life

This whole thing about Mel has become incredibly tiresome.

Its as if a  bunch of people on here  actually think that he isn't doing the best he can with the cards he has to play. That he isn't trying. That he doesn't think about what he is doing. That he doesn't know what he is doing. That he doesn't care. That they have a much better idea of how to run the club with absolutely zero experience of either football management or running high profile organisations. That everything they do is perfect and that they never ever make mistakes in their own lives and jobs. That they know all the facts. That it would be somehow be better if we didn't have a local born, life-long follower of the club as owner who also happens to have millions in cash in the bank.

Don't they remember the Jewell days, the Gregory days, the Brown days, the protracted relegation from Division Two, the days at Grimsby, York, Lincoln and Newport in Division Three   ? Last season was a joyous one in comparison.

Like most people, he's trying to do the best he can in the circumstances. Many of which we as fans are probably not aware of. As you would hope would be the case  in your relationships with your own employer. And spending huge amounts of his own money doing so.

Its the old be careful what you hope for scenario.

And at the end of the day, nobody is forcing you to go along with things. Why don't you vote with your feet and go elsewhere if you are so unhappy,  and give the majority of fans a lift - constantly whinging and whining about how things are so unacceptable, about how we can't achieve perfection in your eyes, about why it is never good enough.

In Mel's words , give the guy a break . 

In my words, give all the rest of us supportive and grateful fans a break too.

20 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

This whole thing about Mel has become incredibly tiresome.

Its as if a  bunch of people on here  actually think that he isn't doing the best he can with the cards he has to play. That he isn't trying. That he doesn't think about what he is doing. That he doesn't know what he is doing. That he doesn't care. That they have a much better idea of how to run the club with absolutely zero experience of either football management or running high profile organisations. That everything they do is perfect and that they never ever make mistakes in their own lives and jobs. That they know all the facts. That it would be somehow be better if we didn't have a local born, life-long follower of the club as owner who also happens to have millions in cash in the bank.

Don't they remember the Jewell days, the Gregory days, the Brown days, the protracted relegation from Division Two, the days at Grimsby, York, Lincoln and Newport in Division Three   ? Last season was a joyous one in comparison.

Like most people, he's trying to do the best he can in the circumstances. Many of which we as fans are probably not aware of. As you would hope would be the case  in your relationships with your own employer. And spending huge amounts of his own money doing so.

Its the old be careful what you hope for scenario.

And at the end of the day, nobody is forcing you to go along with things. Why don't you vote with your feet and go elsewhere if you are so unhappy,  and give the majority of fans a lift - constantly whinging and whining about how things are so unacceptable, about how we can't achieve perfection in your eyes, about why it is never good enough.

In Mel's words , give the guy a break . 

In my words, give all the rest of us supportive and grateful fans a break too.

So was Vincent Tan, Fawaz, the geezer at Leeds.. That's okay then, I am sure they were all trying.

You could always stay off a football forum if you don't like potentially what is written. Have we got rid of freedom of speach as well?

But surely you can all see hes no tan,fawaz or any of the others but like you say you have every right to express your opinion and your concerns

29 minutes ago, Ramet said:

But surely you can all see hes no tan,fawaz or any of the others but like you say you have every right to express your opinion and your concerns

No of course he is not..Well I hope not. He just seems like a bumbling uncle really, trying to do what's best. But if you buy a club and put yourself in that position, you expect critique.. I am sure he is fine with it but the thought police on here don't like people expressing an opinion..

2 hours ago, cannable said:

He swings back and forth between a 'footballing' manager and a 'physical' manager. 

As somebody else said; I wouldn't be surprised if we let Rowett half build a counter-attacking side only to sack and replace him with Stam or Jokanovic. 

Then six months down the line we sack them and bring in Warnock.

Not sure if necessarily true.

Remember the way people talked about Pearson? 'His team that beat us 4-1 were fast attacking football team, ripped us to pieces' or words to them effect.

Jury still out on how Rowett team will play. It's possible to be physical and still play decent football.

I get you angry i do, bumbling uncle i can asure you hes not but like i say you are free to express your views as is every one,i have complete faith it will come good,i agree im sure he has broard enough sholders to carry the criticism and im sure no one is more disappointed in the way things have gone to date 

Archived