Marcus Maddison - Signed new 3 year deal at Peterborough

Arsene Titman

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to Maddison... 

McAnthony says... "We have had two verbal bids for a young player today and both have been dismissed as he’s just back from injury and part of our plans squad wise and worth lot more to us here then what was bid from the two Championship clubs.  And we have had a couple of low ball offers (what I call low ball) on other players. As of right now (with 11 hours to go) our squad will wake up tomorrow the same as how they woke up today; complete!"

Maddison has played all 4 games so far so not him then.  Jermaine Anderson missed most of last season through injury so fits the bill. 21 year old centre mid, capable of scoring a few goals.  Other youngster returning from injury is right winger Callum Chettle, also 21.  Steve's son who was born down the road. 

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

It's not, swansea have paid 6m loan fee for sanches!!!

Sanches cost Bayern £20m+, Swansea are pretty much buying a year of his transfer fee and contract. Kent on the other hand needs experience so on the face of it it seems crazy to expect the signing team to cough up... but let's say as a prodigy at a big team Kent is on 20k, £1m would simply be wages. No idea about football but when I was seconded at work my original organisation still paid my salary and invoiced my new one for my time. All I got was a Cadburys Creme Egg as a signing bonus.

1 minute ago, Derbylad92 said:

Can't even attract  players from league 1 tells you everything 

"Tells you everything." Well, no, it tells us barely anything. We don't know if we even bid for him. All we have in this thread is the Peterborough chairman confirming over 2 months ago that we were interested in a player of theirs, nothing about bids. Then he's spent the day trolling fans to build a bit of excitement. 

Archived