Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I don't think it's likely we will keep ince. 

Buying clubs will will now know that Derby has a reputation for selling their best players cheaply and will gather like vultures. 

I think it's very important. We've already outright rejected two bids from Huddersfield, both bids were higher than the reported value of the Hughes deal. So it looks like we value Ince more than Hughes and I'd agree with that based on personal impact to the squad with regards to points won.

I don't think there have been any reports of another bid coming soon from Huddersfield, and the fact we rejected their bids instead of negotiating suggests that the most recent bid of £8.3mil is still way off what we would take for him. I'm hoping we'll be looking at roughly double that, and that'll be too high for Huddersfield who seemingly have worries about signing players who they won't be able to afford if they get relegated immediately.

Last time we sold one of our best players was Brayford to Cardiff, they were then relegated never to be seeen again, and Brayford disappeared to league one. We of course went on to have our best season in a decade, and his replacement turned out to be the best in his position this century, funny how things work out- don't lose the faith yet!

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Before I get upset with this sale which would be too low even at 10m

i think it's right to take a moment and appreciate the service Hughes has given DCFC. I have no doubt he will flourish and I would even go as far as saying he could potentially play for England. 

Thanks Will - the best player I've seen come through Derby in my lifetime.

Yes it's true. Right now I'm so angry I could spit at Rowett and co, I will never forgive them for this.

but have to say will hughes has served the club so well, a true pro.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So we get 15 per cent of what he's worth? How is that decent?

Suppose he moves to let's say Liverpool in two seasons for £30million, then that means we would receive £4.5mil extra. Suddenly turns the deal into a good one for us. All Hughes needs is a good season at the top level and he'll be worth around £30million, especially as the market continues to grow year upon year. At Derby in the Championship, Hughes would never be worth £30million. A good fee for him if/when he leaves Watford, and we probably end up with more than we could have asked for with Hughes playing in the second-tier. It's a bit of a risk but one which has a good chance of paying off.

Apart from being absolutely gutted he's left, I wish him the best and hopefully he'll get a decent move out of it in the next 12 - 24 months. The Premier league will suit him more, he'll have a bit more time on the ball which he'll appreciate and will be a welcome addition to the England midfield next season no doubt ;).

We'll be in the division above him the season after next though, so him and Hendrick can keep each other company next year.

We did well to keep hold of him as long as we did, although we might actually have got more money if we'd sold him earlier. 

Damn shame he's gone though, a midfielder whose style was the most pleasing on the eye since Eranio. I'm sure many will follow his career with interest and hope he goes to the very top. Wouldn't mind seeing him abroad one day, if his skin can hack it.

4 minutes ago, Ramble On said:

Best of luck Will we're all hoping the move goes well for you and you take the top flight by storm!

I think this works well for both of us, he was a real talent but we need a solid 11 that click together, not talented individuals trying to get us the results.

Yeah, because how on earth could talented footballers help a team gain promotion? 11 determined cloggers booting the ball as hard as they can that's what we need. Now if we could only get rid of that pesky Ince too!  And get that hyper conservative Whelan in as quickly as possible. Go team Rowett !

It's like people forget that Hughes used to work hard for the team too. Why do some fans want Derby to devoid of footballing talent?

I thought we were going to lose him after the playoff final so in some ways feel lucky to have enjoyed watching him for another couple of seasons.

He's got his head screwed on and I think Watford is a very good choice of club for him, good chance of staying up and a team that he'll be likely to get quite a bit of game time for.

Devastated to see him go and would have hoped for more money but it was time for him to go I think.

Just now, Shuff264 said:

giphy.gif

That frown will be turned upside down when he pokes the ball in after a scramble in a game against someone like Ipswich. It'll have to be during the 2018/19 season though to stick with his goal ratio of a goal every 58 games like he had at Stoke.

Just now, Kernow said:

That frown will be turned upside down when he pokes the ball in after a scramble in a game against someone like Ipswich. It'll have to be during the 2018/19 season though to stick with his goal ratio of a goal every 58 games like he had at Stoke.

Are you sure hes got two seasons in him?

Gutted he has left but glad we have a decent sell on clause, can see him having a decent season and being sold next summer for 30m! If not he will ne back on loan to us in Jan!

Just hope our fans dont use this transfer as a stick to beat an new incomings with

Just now, Shuff264 said:

Are you sure hes got two seasons in him?

As long as we don't play him at CDM he'll be fine. Everybody knows that the CDM area of the pitch at Pride Park is polluted by some toxic plague that strikes down players with serious injuries. Maybe that's what turns the Clough-Taylor statue green?

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Chances of Wisdom completing his medical today to ease the pain? ?

The DCFC Social Media team missed a trick there.

BREAKING: We are pleased to announced that Andre Wisdom has signed a four-year-deal at the club following his successful medical this afternoon. By the way Hughes has left. #dcfc #dcfcfans

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Chances of Wisdom completing his medical today to ease the pain? ?

Can't see that happening today. 

Archived