Ten Years Ago Today...

Posh Ram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Posh Ram said:

18700120_10155247152020797_7132618264036

Time passes bloody quickly.

These have hardly been ten glorious years in the club's history, promotion didn't work out how we wanted at all. Still, feeling a bit nostalgic. The only time I've ever cried at a game.

Ha. Stick around.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Hated every minute until the final whistle. Was ok after that. 

It is strange, I never ever thought we would lose the game...as soon as we scored I turned to my mate and said "it's over now" and I really meant it. One of the most relaxing times watching the Supers, we were just amazing then  

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

It is strange, I never ever thought we would lose the game...as soon as we scored I turned to my mate and said "it's over now" and I really meant it. One of the most relaxing times watching the Supers, we were just amazing then  

Yeah...it just felt like 'our day'

I was right behind the shot Kev Phillips had first half, when I honestly thought he would score....when he hit the bar I knew for sure it was gonna be our day.

And a brilliant breakaway goal attacking the Derby end second half, after we'd won two tackles in our own half and turned the opposition...classic counter attack and sucker punch.

Whatever came later no one can take that day away.

Up the Rams!

Can't beat the feeling of going up that way. Little did we know what was in-store for the following season and beyond so retrospectively probably not the best result for us. Have we recovered fully from the consequences of that win? Arguably not fully but we're getting there. Looking forward to what next season will bring. COYR.

21 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Can't beat the feeling of going up that way. Little did we know what was in-store for the following season and beyond so retrospectively probably not the best result for us. Have we recovered fully from the consequences of that win? Arguably not fully but we're getting there. Looking forward to what next season will bring. COYR.

I'd argue 13/14 and 14/15 were the fruits of our recovery.

15/16 and 16/17 was when we started making a mess again.

8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed but I think a full recovery would constitute a return to the promised land and maintaining that status.

Meh. I was only 5 months when we were promoted in 95/96 and this 06/07 is my only promotion, in reality.

That team would be dismantled by the Clough/McClaren team.

The fact that team never made it up breaks my heart.

We arguably started that prem season with a worse side that the one that went up, no seth, barnes injured, no lupoli... in came the mighty Eddie lewis & no improvement on a 15 stone steve howard who was having the time if his life grappling with prem defenders 

Sith Happens
13 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The season in the PL was a nightmare, to be honest i still think we are in recovery mode from the previous relegation in 2002.

Archived